UP Breha Freshie Tour

It was my first time to go to Baguio City when we went to UP Baguio for admission. Aside from what I usually see from postcards and TV, I don’t have any idea what Baguio really looks like.

My mother wanted me to stay at the UP Baguio Ladies Dormitory (also known as UP Baguio Residence Hall or BREHA) since I’m a stranger in the place and my cousin is also staying here. Had I given a choice, I wouldn’t have stayed in the dorm because I used to think it would curtail my freedom.

Anyway, the bright side is Breha introduced me to Baguio. One of the annual activities organized by the upperclass residents of the dormitory is the Freshman Tour that aims to show the new dormers some popular spots around the city.

We, the freshmen, don’t have to do anything but to give our contribution for the bus rent and some snacks. It is the duty of the sophomores to do all other transactions, i.e. doing the paper works (request for the university to approve the activity, etc), and leg works such as scouting for the most affordable transportation and food. But sweet and kind freshmen could render help to our ates.

The day of the tour came and most of us were very excited since it would be our first time to go around the city. The bus ride was fun-filled, thanks to our Ates Gha and Tine, the natural comediennes who entertained us all the way. For that day, we were tourists going around and posing here and there for photo ops.

Good point: The idea of Freshman Tour is excellent since most of the freshies were new to the city. At least we were given some exposure around Baguio where we would stay for the next four years or so.

Bad point: Bus ride around the city made most of us dizzy since we were not yet used to the winding roads.

Popular Posts