Aries

Among the first things our mother taught us was our birthdays, and our respective zodiac signs. I easily memorized mine (Aries, the one that looks like a goat), but I used to forget/interchange my siblings' signs because they were both born mid-year. Whenever people try to "read" me, their readings on my personality and traits are almost always tied with my sign or the year I was born. Having heard similar findings from different people including my supposedly being spontaneous, independent, courageous, and smart (haha, I know these are generic traits) I came to embrace that my zodiac really says a lot about my personality. Heck, I even had my sign tattooed, so I could tell the world that "I am an Arian. I am adventurous. I am smart." Hahaha! I am that basic. 😂 Yes, that tattoo isn't V for Vendetta or Virgo or anything else. It's the ram's horn.


Yet it was only yesterday that I bothered to look up about this constellation. Truth is I don't even know where it is located in the sky. I still can't tell now after looking at images on the internet, but here are some interesting stuff I found out about Aries:
  • It represents the ram whose fleece became the golden fleece of Greek Myth. (This probably explains why I am fab and I love things that glitter haha)
  • It's a dim constellation. (Now this says a lot 😆)
  • It is associated with Egyptian god Amon-Ra, who represents fertility and creativity.
  • It is called the "Indicator of the Reborn Sun". (This makes for a good movie title)
  • It is "Lord of the Head" in Egypt. (This, too, could be in a movie)
  • In Chinese, it's called "Lou", meaning "bond", "lasso" and "sickle" which is associated with the ritual sacrifice of cattle.
  • In Hindu astronomy, it is "Aja" and "Mesha".
  • In Hebrew, it is "Teli", which symbolizes the "Lamb of the World". 🐑
  • For the Syrians, it is "Amru".
  • For the Turks, it is "Kuzi".
  • Marquesas islanders (don't even know where this is) called it "Na-pai-ka".
  • In Maori constellation, it is "Pipiri".
  • In Peruvian astronomy, it is called "Market Moon" and the "Kneeling Terrace", which is a reminder for when to hold the annual harvest festival.
  • For my friends, my sign is only responsible for my being an awesome person. Charot! Daming sinabi.
I read up about Aries after seeing the constellation from one of the displays at the National Museum Planetarium yesterday.

Popular Posts