Atang


This was my atang for All Souls' Day, although I did it on November 1, which is All Saints' Day. Work resumes on November 2, thus I shall have no time to do it.

I must say I did appreciate the 4-day weekend. I was able to accomplish many things, such as buying early Christmas gifts for myself, cleaning the apartment and rearranging stuff to make more space. Sadly, I kept putting aside all school stuff. Because cleaning the apartment is more fun. Saka ko na yan pagbabayaran.

That's my version of pancit canton. It may not look appealing in that photo, but it wasn't as bad. I tried to copy the pancit batil patung by adding more ingredients/meat. This one has chicken and chicken liver (leftover), ground pork, and the usual vegetables for pansit.

Atang is what we call food offering. We usually give atangs for the departed, and on special occasions such as birthdays, Christmas. These days, any food (and other consumables such as cigarettes) will do. These offerings are supposed to please the spirits of the dead who visit

Popular Posts