How Nights are Spent in Baguio

Day 4

When we were in SM, I took Diana and Emman to the souvenir shops located at the outer part of the ground floor. While in Sagada Weaving, the two came with a crazy idea of still pursuing our Sagada trip. The plan: they’ll get absent for work for a day so we could spend a day in Sagada. They really, really wanna do it. As for myself, I’ve already let go of the Sagada trip but then if they want to, I’ll have to accompany them. On the other hand, Shyne, Rein and Ren planned to go home by noon time because they’re already short of budget.

Day 5

The next day, we woke up early. Well, I woke up at around 5:30am but immediately went back to bed (it’s cold!). Besides, with the kind of weather, I was pretty sure there were no buses going up yet. It was past 7 when Emman, Diana and I went out, but we left our things at the Inn because we weren’t really expecting much. Indeed, it was another disappointment, but then I’ve completely moved on by that time. What we did next was go to the market and Maharlika Complex to buy pasalubong. We went back to the inn and then checked out altogether at past noon.

Although, the day didn’t start well, something made up for it. Finally, Oh My Gulay has opened! Everyone seemed to like the place. There was even an ongoing exhibit by all-female artists at VOCAS at that time.





After the late lunch, we went back to the market for the other 3 to buy pasalubong. We separated ways when the cab driver won’t allow 6 passengers in his cab. Diana, Emman and I went to my sorority sister Jeaneil’s house (the APO house and they call it the mansion :p) where we left our things since Diana and Emman planned to leave later that night.

In the evening, Jeaneil brought us to watch her friends’ gig at Marien Platz in La Azotea, Session Road. There were lots of new bars sprouted around the city, despite the fact that there were already plenty of bahay-inumans when I was living in Baguio. It kind of made me want to look for a job and stay there. :p Jeaneil’s friend’s band was called Rey’s Anatomy, if I’m not mistaken. There were 2 or 3 other performers that night. We were met up at the bar by a fraternity brother and his friend.


Shortly after midnight, we went back to Jeaneil’s, this time with Kuya Rex who obviously wants to continue drinking. I did open a bottle of Kwatro Kantos I found at ‘the mansion’ and passed a shot around. We had to stop after one round though because my friends needed to leave already. It’s all for the laughs now, but I will never forget that desperate attempt of this certain person to make my friends stay for few more hours, haha! Good times indeed!

Day 6

After dropping the 2 at the terminal, I found myself at El Costa Bar, the bar just beside Victory Liner, drinking with Jeaneil and Kuya Rex. We drank until 5am. I could say that night was the most epic night of this Baguio vacation, because 1. I got drunk with my old pals, so drunk I forgot where my bag was, we had to walk here and there to find it when it was only at ‘the mansion’; 2. while eating mami at Engineer’s Hill talipapa, we did not have enough money to pay for the food so we asked the personnel if we could just pay it later since they knew Jeaneil 3. of that short action star stint I had to do when we cannot open ‘the mansion’s’ front door, I kicked it open.


I went to sleep at 6 AM but I was already awake before noon. I chose to just laze around since it was still in the afternoon when I’m seeing Bangs. She probably hated it, but I chose to meet her up at SM, where I bought books (lots of ’em) from Booksale. It’s because they’ve got a great selection and way cheaper prices compared to their Metro Manila branches. It was supposed to be a get-together with my blockmates since I rarely go up but Bangs is the only one who made it. We went drinking at Cottage Gi’s. While waiting for Bangs, I actually saw someone I did not expect to see there, at that moment. But that's another story.


So after a couple of drinks, Bangs and I decided to look for another place to hang out. Of course, we went to the first bar we saw in Session Road–Iris Bar and Restaurant (formerly Cafe Boss). Then Jeaneil went over and joined me because Bangs couldn't stay long. (A day later in Manila, I learned that a friend from UP Baguio, Ewik was in Ayuyang at that same time, when I was looking for someone to talk to. Geez, why didn’t I think of Ayuyang, really.) 


From Iris, we went to Legarda. I was wearing slippers and I know most of the bars in there don’t allow that but I managed to sneak in at 18BC, giving me the bragging rights over our frat brod Castel who apparently wasn’t allowed inside the same bar that weekend for the same reason. I must've looked mayaman, kidding. I was even told that I looked like Nanette Medved. Ok, it's most probably because of beer goggles, but I'd still take it as a compliment. :p


 By midnight, I left Baguio with a heavy heart. Although I’ve got lots of happy memories to get me by until the next time I go home. For all these epic experiences, I love you more Baguio.

Popular Posts