Summer in the Summer Capital

It's the first time I'm spending summer in Baguio. I didn't have to, but I told my parents I had to, just so I can get over with my internship so it won't bother me for a whole semester next academic year. I would've loved to cross-register to UP Diliman, but I reckoned it would be much easier for me to land an internship in Baguio.

My superfriends from Journ and I got accepted at the Baguio Midland Courier. I've long accepted that only the best people would make it to Inquirer, hehe. Seriously though, I really wanted to get into Midland because it's a weekly paper. We didn't have to stress ourselves with deadlines everyday. We were initially told they're not accepting interns, but we charmed Ma'am Leia, (luckily she recognized me from one of her classes in the past), so there we were, the triplets for Baguio Midland Courier!

Aside from Journalism Internship, I enrolled P.I. 100 and a P.E. 2 (Outdoor Recreation) courses. Although, after the first day, I had to transfer to Orienteering when I learned it was really the one I want. There was a confusion with the course description, but the teacher for Orienteering accepted me in his class, soooo, there.

I will be staying in Breha for one more time. Visha, Tinn, Jen and I will be staying in Room 202, also my room when I was a freshman! Let's see how hot Baguio gets during this time of the year!

Popular Posts