Feature Writing

I was on my way for my 7AM biology class when I saw my journalism batchmates at Sunshine Park. A close friend of mine from the group called my attention. I just smiled at them, then looked ahead and continued walking. And then she yelled, asking what my class is.

I just gave her a grin. Then she asked if I'm going to the same class they're waiting. I smiled at her hoping she gets what I meant. No. I'm not going to the same class. And it's sad.

Perhaps she told our batchmates the reason why I didn't give any answer for before I could passed by the park, I heard them exclaimed a long, Aaaaayyyyyyy. Apparently they feel for me.

I was traversing the walkway when I felt this warm liquid wanting to burst from my eyes. Oh God, I'm gonna cry. But I stopped my tears from falling. I'm strong, I'm not crying.

The classroom was still closed when I arrived. I saw familiar and unfamiliar faces alike. None of them is a friend of mine. I faced to another direction because I feel like crying again. Bakit ko kasi drinop yung subject?

Now, I already understand what a friend once told me, Ang hirap maging extending, para kang nasa ibang dimension kasi di mo na kilala ang mga kaklase mo.

Few moments more, my batchmates passed by the building where I was. They were headed to their next class, a major subject.

If I didn't drop my Ethics subject last semester, I could've enrolled for that subject without crashing on other important subjects. But I had to choose.

I didn't know letting go of the lone feauture writing class, one that I've been waiting since freshman could be this painful.

Popular Posts