Afternoon Stroll at Maryknoll

When I was living in Balsigan, I often hear this place from other passengers on the jeepney ride home. I didn't know then that Maryknoll is a park. I learned from friends later on that this place is actually located somewhere near QM where I spend much of my down time with friends.

I am a sucker for non-mainstream parks because they always have fewer visitors, which makes it a good place to go when you need some thinking, or just want to get away from everyone for a while. I also learned that Maryknoll Sanctuary boasts a solar-powered house, where the nuns stay. 

I was warned, though, that lovers like to go to this place for the same reason that it's almost always free of visitors, but I had to disregard this information when I needed to take photos for my photojournalism class. I thought I could find great subjects in the park.

When I arrived at the sanctuary, I thought I had the place all to myself. I was so happy I had the liberty of taking photos of everything that caught my attention. But later on, I discovered a couple of students, in a bahay-kubo. And like I always feel when in such situations, I felt like they judged me for going in there by myself. I went on with my business, and tried to get out of their peripherals immediately.

I took tons of photos, but most have been corrupted. Here are some of those I managed to save:









Popular Posts