Single and Enjoying Life

Not all stories are love stories. There are other stories that affect you more than your love problem could. It’s not only your love story which could be shared. There are many others. We just don’t bother to look at them and worse, these setbacks are overwhelmed by the love problems we have.

We are overwhelmed by the thought that love makes the world go round. No. It’s not only love that makes the world go round. There are many other things that do. Yet these are often disregarded. Because of this thing called love.

I just don’t get these people who cannot seem to live without anyone who would love them. They'll do anything just to have that someone who could give them the love, who would care for them, or whom they would love back, in a romantic way.

Without bitterness or anything, I can say I don't see the need to have that someone yet. Well, I can take care of myself. I can be strong emotionally if I need to.

My friends always tell me to try getting into a relationship and experience a different level of happiness. Oh well, so far, I don't need a man/woman in order for me to live a happy life. So far, I'm contented with my life. And so far, I don't need anyone to provide me the love that almost every single person is looking for. Cliché but really, I have a lot of love from my family and friends.

I thought, maybe I'm overvaluing my independence. Well ever since, I've always been independent. It's what I want. I decide for myself and I never let others, sometimes even my parents, decide or take control of my life. I don’t want to be anyone’s property. This is my life so I must have the control over it. And no one else. I was thinking I might lose my independence if I get into a relationship, like what happens to most of the people I know. The thing is I'm not yet ready to let go of my total independence. I still have so much stuff in mind that I wanted to do, alone.

So far, I'm happy and contented being single. Nothing beats living the life the way you want it.

Popular Posts