Michael the Dancing Zombie

Since I'm not yet sleepy, I thought of writing this slightly significant crap about Plants vs. Zombies and Michael Jackson. I thought so because I saw how my brother Kuki was so affected of Michael's death.

Last night, Kuki and I both stayed up waiting for ABS-CBN's MJ special. But I fell in the middle of the show while Kuki finished it. One weekend he went home to Pampanga and when he returned, he brought with him an album of MJ medley which, according to him, he listens to while working out. It's true what they say, you realize a person's worth once they're gone.

So Plants vs. Zombies is the PC game that hooked the household for weeks. It's the reason why I sleep at 4 a.m., why Kuki thought of skipping classes and why Ja likes going to Kukilandia (Kuki's house where Sen and I are staying with Kuki, John and Kuya Yanyan).


It was Kuki's fault he introduced the game to me because the moment I learned how to play it, I didn't want to stop. And so with the other housemates, although the others preferred to just watch and coach while Kuki and I play on his laptop alternately. But of course, John was also there, not to support me whenever I play, but to pester and distract me. It turned out that game time was our bonding time. At night, we would all stay at Kuki's room and play and talk about random stuff.
In Plants vs. Zombies, we named one of the characters Michael, that dancing zombie in red and has a back-up dancers. He pretty much look like MJ in his Thriller music video. The zombies have actual names but we labeled each character as to how we wanted so we could easily identify them.


One morning, I woke up; reached for my phone; read messages, the one from Sen said "Kakagising ko at unang balitang maririnig ko ay patay na si Michael Jackson." I didn't pay much attention to the message as if it was no big deal. But when I surfed the net, it was when the news sunk in. Michael Jackson is dead. That day while I was playing Plants vs Zombies, I thought, parang this week pinagkatuwaan pa naming pangalanan ng Michael yung isang zombie tapos this week mamamatay na pala ang totoong Michael Jackson.

I'm not a big fan but I wanna see him perform live which will never gonna happen. RIP Michael Jackson.

Popular Posts