Bell Church

You can count on one hand the times my housemates and I went out to explore Baguio. This is one of those rare times and mainly, we did it because Sen's sister was visiting. Also, we were convinced to travel out of town (Bell Church is in La Trinidad) because we'll be eating at Jack's in La Trinidad after.

Bell Church is a Taoist temple located along the boundary of Baguio and La Trinidad. It's open to the public for free.

It was only my second time in this place. The first was when Dona and I had to tour her friend around. That friend also spent her college years in Baguio. When she came back to Baguio as a tourist, I couldn't help but remark on how could she not do all those things when she was in the city. She had all the time. Of course, I understand now, why. Because that's exactly what happened to me, too. In a several months, I would be a senior, bound to leave the city, most probably, and I realized I have never really explored Baguio.










During the first time I went here, we had our 'future' told. After burning several sticks of incense inside the temple, you can approach the person who does the 'reading'. They have these sticks, the 'reader' tosses these and then you will pick and inside these is a piece of really thin pink paper with Chinese writings on it. It's like fortune cookie, only it covers more areas of one's life like academics, employment, love life, etc.

I'm not really a big believer of those things but I still tried. My mind was still blown away when most of the reading about me were really happening to me at the moment. 

Popular Posts