Coffee, Pasta & Church

Yesterday, I met up with an old friend for a little chitchat over coffee. It was only our second time to see each other since parting after graduating in elementary.

When she first ask if we could meet earlier this year, I was very hesitant to say yes. I'm having second thought because it has been years. I was thinking our reunion may not have a good turn out. Since her family moved to Manila, they never came back to the province. We only had occasional chats through SMS. And whenever we exchange messages, I can feel that she has changed a lot already. This in inevitable since we grew up in different environment, with different people. I only had a thin idea about her from another uber close friend (that makes us a group of three the uber close friends way back elementary).

According to her, there had been major changes with our old friend in a way that she's now girly (she used to be boyish) and based on her messages, Inglisera na siya (stereotypical La Sallista). I was thinking, pag nagkita kami baka lait-laitin niya lang ko. Kasi ako yung stereotypical na UPian naman, by stereotypical I mean, poor, may pagkadugyutin ang porma (sorry sa term, my mother rather call it 'rugged'). Baka hindi kami magkasakayan ng trip.

The only thing that made me say yes was when I was told that she is challenging me for a drinking session. “Hinahamon ka daw niya sa isang inuman,” as our friend said. Being a manginginom, how could I say no? At least siya umiinom, may common denominator na kami. Finally we met in a bar in Manila. I was thinking she'll bring me to a high end bar, only to my surprise, sa Central na kami nagpunta which according to her is one of her fave bars.


We had spontaneous talks about so many things since she's also taking Mass Communication. Different major lang but at least we had a topic that we both can relate to. Hindi siya conyo tulad ng iniisp ko. Oo daw dati, when she was still in La Salle. Nagulat pa ako when she asked me if I eat street food. kasi gusto niya daw kumain after uminom. Naman ako pa. And so on and so forth. It turned out that we had many things in common.

And so I didn't hesitate the second time she wants to see me., oh well this time, over cofee.

Talked about job applications since she's graduating already and then off to Baclaran. Wholesome date, eh? Coffee, pasta and church.

I must say I enjoy her company she's one who definitely gives a good conversation.

Popular Posts