Allison Iraheta in Manila

I was on my way home when I thought of dropping by the mall since it's still pretty early to go home. When I was there, I couldn't think of better things to do so I just strolled around. I wasn't hungry and I didn't intend to shop because I am broke.

Then I noticed people flocked at the atrium. I looked around to see what's going on and saw a huge poster of a certain Allison Iraheta. It says she's gonna be there performing at 5 pm courtesy of Channel [V].

Last week my officemate told me about this one but I didn't pay much attention since I don't really know who she is. I don't watch American Idol. But thanks to the video clip beside the stage, I learned that Allison Iraheta is the one that sang, “Friday I'll be Over You”. I always hear the song on the airwaves and sort of like it because it reminds me of “Friday I'm In Love” which is my Friday feel-good song. :)

I think I first heard her song late last year. I got curious about it when a DJ commented that this singer could be one of the most anticipated voices for 2010. Her genre's rock and I think her song was Paramore-ish. But oh, she looks like Hayley Williams in the sense that they're both rock the red-dyed hair.

Since I was already there, I decided to stay and watch the show. It didn't start sooner so I killed time at Powerbooks. I am too impatient to just stand there and wait for the show to start. When I went back, I struggled to look for a nice spot. The better spot should've been at Mary Grace at the second level but it was already full. But anyway, I still got a good view of Allison.

“My make up is melting,” Allison says while on stage. Obviously, she didn't know how hot it is in the Philippines. At least she'll have idea the next time she comes here. Oh, good news to AI fans, Allison says he'll be with Adam Lambert on an Asian concert tour and probably they might drop by the Philippines.


Anyway, I think I got better skills at taking videos especially from where I was standing, there were two tall guys infront of me so I had to hold the cam extra high. I am considering applying as a boom mic holder. Haha!

Allison with Channel [V] VJs Georgina, Alvin and Cliff
Channel [V] gave Allison a surprise birthday greetings and cake. Apparently, Allison's birthday was just a few days ago.


Allison said she likes pork adobo and that she'd definitely come back to the Philippines to hold a concert at a bigger venue. She's a great performer and she's really makulit. :)

Popular Posts