Exotic Food: Frog


Maipakaamo kadagiti kakabsat ni Tukak dita Poblasyon Waeg ken dita Barangay Taltalon ta ni Tukak ket pimmusay. Adda nga nakamansayag ti bangkay na sadiay Kaserola. Agur-uray da Asin, Mantika ken Betsin. Ti punpon ket pagtutungtungan da Toyo, Suka ken Bawang. Tuy umaw-awag, GSM.

If you can understand Ilocano, you will LOL. Poor frog. I should feel guilty. Yes, I eat frogs, the ones from the rice fields.

You can't blame me. Frogs when cooked well taste just like chicken. I've tasted the food I think twice already. I've tasted deep fried and adobo style.

During these time of the year, in my hometown in Cagayan, when heavy rains fall in time for tilling the fields, frogs, love to stay in the flooded fields. They propagate very fast. In no time at all, you'll find the nearest field in your house noisy during the night.

My cousins usually go to the fields either early in the morning or at night to catch frogs. But be careful, not all frogs can be eaten. In our place, we only eat palakang-bukid, the small frogs with smooth and clear skin. Maybe it's Olay. lol

Just make sure the frogs are prepared and cooked well. And voila! You have a yummy pulutan already!

Tip. Make it deep fried. It's yummier when it's crispy. :)

Popular Posts