Detonate

Only alcohol could give me 8 hours of undisturbed sleep.

My phone clock said it's 3:48 pm when I woke up to see what Sunday has left for me. I was also surprised when I found out I had no hangover from last night's drinking with friends and their friends (that lasted till the morning). Seems like the 'agimat' is now back, heh. It's a good thing because I really need to redeem myself after those embarrassing events in the past. The rise of the Irish.

Saturday afternoon. I was too lazy to go out but I guess there's no backing out since we reserved tickets for Detonate, a benefit concert for Tahanang Walang Hagdan organized by UP Miners, where some of my friends' friends are members.

The venue, Katips Bar in Katipunan is far but I thought it would be awesome because my favorite bands will be performing. When I read Gracenote will be there, I told Dona I wanted to go. I first saw this band during UP Fair and they were good. Plus the more popular bands Sugarfree and Giniling Festival will also perform.

Saturday afternoon and the sudden rain added to my natural laziness. I didn't hurry since Dona informed me that vehicles are jammed along Espana. On my way to Taft, I was surprised to see the streets flooded. It wasn't even an hour of rain.

There were no buses. I don't ride non-air conditioned bus for long trips but I had no choice since I was already late. Luckily, I was seated because later on, the bus, as well as other buses looked like sardinas sa lata. “Paramihan tayo. Ilan kayo dyan," cracked one passenger when he saw the other bus full.

In Quiapo, people waiting for transpo are scattered in the streets. Then a stream of memories eventually flashed. The day after that day is Typhoon Ondoy's anniversary and I cant help but think that a repeat of the events are happening. People stranded everywhere, flooded streets and other worse stuff. The night before Ondoy happened, I was also out drinking. I tried clearing my mind off negative thoughts.

Along Espana, vehicles hardly move. I don't wanna make my friends wait but I had no choice because I don't know how to go to Katips. Good thing I wasn't the last to arrive at the meeting place.


It was really nice to see old acquaintances after many years.

Me: Para lang akong nasa college ulit.
Melvin: Mag-hunting kana dito!
Me: Ayoko nga! College?!
Dona: Extending naman yang mga yan, mga Engineering.




You can check out the other videos in my Youtube account.

It was past twelve when we separated ways. I thought it was still early for a Saturday night and the weather seemed fair so I decided to go with Karen in Metrowalk where her officemates are partying. Went singing and drinking in Mucho's. It was one of the awesomest night outs I had here in Manila. Those people are really awesome. For the first time since I left Baguio, I drank til the morning.

Popular Posts