10.10.10.

I feel like this one's an obligatory post. It seems that everybody is making a big deal out of this 10.10.10 date. Ionno, I am aware that this only happens once, the date having the same number, but I can't remember anything in the past when people made a hype out of the date having the similar numbers, or was I just hiding on a cave then? I wonder what people were thinking on 06.06.06.

Anyway, I first realized how significant this day is for most people when I heard from my landlady that a relative of hers is getting married on that date. When I looked into the Chinese-designed calendar, indeed the date for that coming Sunday is 10.10.10. Number 10 is deemed lucky as it is drawn upward, (paangat/paakyat ang swerte) and it's round, the shape of money (coins). Without any further explanation, I knew lots of weddings and other important events are scheduled on this date.

Few more days and I had this weird yearning of attending a wedding on that day. Pathetic me for ranting on Facebook and Plurk why I have no friends getting married on that day which results to me planning a night out with friends, a celebration just to conform with the mainstream, heh.

Oh well, in the first place this shouldn't have been the situation had I acquired the race bibs for 10.10.10 Run for Pasig. My friends and I were already registered but negligence prevented us from joining the event. We weren't able to secure race bibs which are required for the run (which left me with regrets upon learning that the fun run actually made it to the Guiness world record). Only Karen made it to the historic event.

So here's what I did this weekend to at least relieve the stress of the past week. Saturday 10.09.10. As usual oversleeping. Laundry. Internet. Binged. Just the usual boring Saturday for that matter. I planned to at least go out the following day, on 10.10.10, perhaps to go to mass, see the Galleon Andalucia at Pier 13 and go all alone amuse myself in Timezone (yes, I do this sometimes, the joy of being single for life, lulz) with high hopes that the lucky day would also favor me.

But upon learning that Galleon Andalucia already left, I felt like going out that Sunday won't be necessary, including going to Rob to hear the mass. Truth is, aside from my natural laziness, I don't wanna go hear the mass and later rant about the traffic jam, surely there would be heavy traffic due to the fun run. Will probably just watch movies, anything that wouldn't cost me any cent, heh.

So that was it. Came Sunday, 10.10.10, oh I actually slept very late but woke up early. After eating, I went Facebooking to look for Fun Run updates. And later blamed the Internet and heat for a terrible headache. I wanted to sleep but I can't. I needed to go to sleep early coz it will be Monday again.

Night time (actually it was only 6 when I thought it was already 8). I finally thought of ironing all the laundry for the past three weeks. This is my top 2 most hated task, first of course is doing the laundry. I was ironing the first piece when suddenly there was a spark from the flat iron, and there were more sparks and louder sound and smell of burning rubber. My first instinct told me to put the heat button off first but thanks to my fear of getting my eyes blinded by those jumping fire, I immediately went down and pulled the cord from the outlet. I forgot my Electricity 101 but still thankful that that very lesson I was taught when I was younger came before it was too late.

I was safe but that thing made me feel uneasy that night. As usual negative thoughts were exploring my mind, preventing me from sleeping early. I dunno if that event was trying to tell me something. Geez, I hate it. I thought that day was supposed to be lucky.

Popular Posts