Chloe


This is Chloe, the latest addition to the family. But she's gone now.

Last Saturday, she was transferred to the care of my landlady's friend.

I suddenly remembered her upon waking up this morning and saw the time on my phone. It was already late. I somehow miss her annoying barking early in the morning, which was one of the reasons why they had to give her away.

Chloe is a terrier that was shipped all the way from the U.S. by Ate Debbie's husband. She was three months old then. I was surprised to see a dog lying on the floor one afternoon I came home from work. Ian was so excited to play with our new pet but Chloe was still weak then.

The next morning, they went to the veterinarian to get all the necessary medications for her and shopped for all the good stuff a pet dog must have. My landlady mused that it was like she had another baby because of all the money she shelled out.




Chloe was very pampered. She got everything she needs, all the comfort for a pet. I even envied her for that. Seriously. Except for one thing, attention.

During her first few weeks, everyone's so excited to play with her. But after few more weeks, people no longer had time for her. She became the usual house dog whose job was just to eat, stay at the dog house, and bark at strangers.

At night, after coming home from work, I would see her running around the laundry area desperately longing for a playmate. Sometimes, I would play with her for few minutes before she would be put back inside her cage.

I pity her. Most people always take their pets out for a walk at the park or even at the mall but Chloe never experienced such things with us. I always wanted a dog (although I prefer the big ones) to jog with. When Chloe arrived, I thought I'll finally have a pet to accompany me whenever I go jogging. But Chloe was restricted. Ate Debbie was so worried Chloe would swallow something along the way if we took her out for a walk.

In the past weeks, Chloe was used to waking up earlier than us and kept barking for no reason. She barks at visitors which is normal, but she doesn't stop even after few hours. She barks inside her cage and she barks whenever they let her out. Ate Debbie became tired of Chloe's "senseless" barking (which I think is just the dog's way to get our attention) she decided to look for another one to take care of her. I would've volunteered if only I was living in a separate house.

I still hope the friend would give Chloe back to us. :p In that case, I could volunteer to just take Chloe home in Cagayan, hehe.


Popular Posts