The Jeepney Chronicles: 11.17.10

So what would you do if a rat sits on your lap and plays with the hem of your shirt, while you are in a jeepney?

Keep calm and shoo it away.

That's just me. I'm not really scared of rats (only the newborns with pink skins). But most people, I'm pretty sure if these happened to them, they'd probably react differently, scream probably (for the girls at least). I wanted to do the same, had I the guts to do so, in a public place.

When I first felt there was something moving on my lap, I snuk to see what it is. There was none, so I thought maybe it was just my laptop, creating friction with my body. But it couldn't be the laptop, so I had to take a peek again. I found the lower part of my earphone cable stuck at the hem of my jacket. That must be the culprit I thought.

But still, something's crawling on my lap and when I lowered my heed, I saw a little gray mickey mouse gazing up at me. Initial reflexes told me to stand up and get rid of it immediately but it also came to me in an instant that I am in a public utility vehicle.

So what I did was secretly shoo it away and moved my body a bit away from the seat.

In the first place, what is a rat doing in a PUV? Looks like somebody's not cleaning their jeep.

Popular Posts