Oktoberfest 2010

Saturday. But I woke up earlier than usual because I'm meeting up with my friend Kat to see the Korean Horror Film Festival at EDSA Shangri-la. I was having second thought whether to go there earlier because in the past, I didn't have to wait in line to get tickets. When I arrived at the cinema, though, there was a long queue for the festival movie. I don't have patience for such things, but Kat had been asking me to accompany her for the longest time. We were told that they'd only give out tickets for the first 250 people in the line. And luck wasn't on our side because the tickets ran out roughly 12 people before me. But still, we tried waiting again for some chance seats after all those with tickets got in. We had nowhere to go to anyway. Fortunately, we were included in the last seven available seats.

Red Shoes. The plot is similar to that of Kris Aquino's Feng Shui. The movie is okay. Didn't scare the shit out of me, though. The two girls on my right were noisy and kept guessing about the plot yet most of their guesses were wrong. It was really annoying.

From the cinemas, we went strolling in Megamall, just before we decided to go drinking in Metrowalk. And we're still on lucky streak because apparently, there was an Oktoberfest event in the area.

We had dinner, and looked for a bar where we could hang out. "Kuya, ibigay mo sa'min yung pinakamalakas ang tama na cocktail." We told the waiter as he took our orders. He couldn't help but smirk, and we assured him, we're just going to be fine. I havent'seen Kat in a long time so we had plenty of catching up to do. I actually like her company because we could talk about random stuff for hours, without getting bored. We share the same interests, that's why.


Later, my friend Karen and her workmate joined us. They came from Mucho's and they continued partying at Elbow Room.

The live music only made things better. We've already had too much to drink when Itchyworms performed their hit, "Beer." I was transcended back to my college days.

When the event was over, we joined the rest of Karen's group in Elbow Room, where we had some beer. I already met some of her friends, also from drinking sessions. We left the bar just as the day was already breaking out. Good times.

Popular Posts