The Triplets Reunited

I hardly enjoyed the long weekend. Yep, I had a long weekend because my boss had the November 16 national holiday for Eid'l-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice), which fell on Tuesday, moved to Monday.

As usual, Saturday was spent drinking out with friends. Sometimes, I wonder why it seems I never get tired of this kind of life. I work five days a week and then goes out on weekends to spend my hard-earned money. K, I have no concept of saving up.

Last Saturday, I met with my lesbian friends (as I refer to them) Visha and Tinn. Finally, after more than a year, the triplets (as people call us back in college) were reunited. Visha resides in Novaliches while Tinn and I live in Manila (but we've only seen each other twice or thrice). I hate long trips but this reunion is too important. It has been postponed several times because we couldn't find a common time. Something came up so we really had to talk.

Visha chose Quattro in Timog. Tinn and I arrived first so we started drinking whilst waiting for the person who called for the meet up. Visha's heartbroken and as "good friends" she needed to hear our say on her failing relationship. Fact: we're a bunch of drinkers but this was only the second time we drank altogether. The first was during our senior year in UP Baguio, we were at Kanem, also talking about Visha's love problem over beer. Oh, life.




While I spent almost the whole day sleeping, my friends didn't have much sleep, so we had to leave the bar too early. But I insisted we continue drinking somewhere else after Visha and her cousin left. We headed off to Metrowalk where Karen's officemates were celebrating a certain victory party plus she said that the Nescafe Soundskool 2010 finalists were performing there just before she left. When we got there, the two no longer wanted to drink and the Soundskool people were already packing up. We then went to Karen's and just watched a movie (Cinco haha) to put us to sleep.

Sunday was a very unproductive day. We just stayed at Karen's, watched Babe, I love You and of course, the Pacquio-Margarito fight.

Visha asked us out again, this time with Carl, who wasn't able to join us in Quattro because of work. But Tinn declined saying she still has to finish some papers. Kahit kelan panira talaga ang school sa pagkakaibigan! Lors also asked us to join them in Sara's but I was too lazy to travel all the way to Diliman.

Since I got no work the next day, Karen and I decided to just go to Quiapo to finally pursue our plan to try the cruise ship in Pasig River (whatever they're called). But, for the nth time, it didn't materialize.

Popular Posts