Streetdrinking Under the Rain


It was 8 a.m. when I arrived home from the office Christmas party. I slept for few hours and had to wake up to meet up with Tinn to give her birthday gifts, chocolates from Tacia and some human nature stuff from me. It rained even before I leave the house, thanks to my good old rain boots.

I went to buy a bus ticket home. I heard all trips from Florida are already fully booked so I went to the bus company few people know of, North Star. No point of being choosy at this time of the year.

I was on my way home when Karen said we go to Mara's. Before I left home, Mara posted a message on Facebook inviting us to come over at their place as Dona and Wik made Graham Cake. I'd love to, but it was too far. Hehe. Instead I told Karen we just go and have a round of drinks at Central. She instantly agreed since she wanted Nachos. Central's nachos is good. :D But too bad Central's closed on Sundays. I actually forgot about that.


And so we're off to our favorite place. Karen's prophecy was right. We haven't been there for few months already and one time she said we would probably be back there by December. I'm talking about Reinaldo's at Malate.

It was raining and together with other customers who kept moving their tables and chairs, we're laughing at ourselves. Halata kung sino ang mga lasenggo. Ang pathetic, umiinom sa Malate nang umuulan. Tumutulo kasi yung bubong ng Reinaldo's. :p


Rain falling like snow
Almost empty
Anyway, two rounds lang naman kami, nagpakasawa sa Nachos.

Only in Malate moments that night: couple walking-running under the rain without umbrella, couple kissing under their umbrellas while walking under the rain and vendors of peanuts and balls, side by side while waiting for customers, under their own cart umbrellas.

Popular Posts