Tattooed

I used to say I would get all the piercings I want but never would I get inked. When I started working, I had to remove all my earrings thinking people would judge me for having more than one pierce in each ear. And out of nowhere, the idea of getting a tattoo came to me. I told Karen and Tinn about it- these are two of my friends who I know would never oppose the idea. Tinn who already has one, instantly agreed we get inked together. This was the time I was so eager to donate blood (just before getting a tat), but there was no opportunity. Anyway, I learned that I could still donate blood in emergency situations in the future even if I have tattoos.

At first, I only wanted a phrase inked in my left arm/wrist to see if I can take the pain. The phrase would be, "with the heart of a lion and spirit of the dragon" but written in Hebrew. But then Tinn and I became busy and never found time to go to meet with a tattoo artist.

Months passed and I came up with an idea for a tattoo- a symbol that would describe me as a person (in my perspective). So that would be the Earth Dragon (my birth sign) which would be tattooed on my back just below the nape. The dragon in circular form, more like an ouroboros but it shouldn't be eating/biting its tail and it's wings should be outspread. But then my design was too complicated the tattoo artist didn't finish it on time. So I turned to my plan C instead- that is to get an inscription tattoo but not the plan A. So basically, my first two tattoos were due to an impulse. True story.

Then I remembered my friend Kat hangs out with some artists so I asked if she knows any tattoo artist personally. The answer was no, but she has a friend who knows one, that would be Shellby Reyes of 55 Tinta. We immediately set up a schedule with him.


Sir Shellby decided to put the zodiac (at the back of my right ear) first since it is smaller. While on the process, Kat kept taking photos and I kept posing/smiling making them think I don't feel any pain at all. It is painful but not the pain I expected. All the while, there was something stuck between my teeth that caused my attention to be diverted as I tried removing it with my tongue. :p


If you've seen the December issue of FHM with Ellen Adarna on the cover, you'd probably think this is where I got the idea for my rib cage/side tattoo (somehow, yes) but I really got the idea first from her hawtness, Megan Fox. Haha!

Here's mine. I know it's pangit and hindi ko na pinag-isipan kung pa'no siya ilalagay and the fonts are small coz I was thinking I might not take the pain if it's bigger. It says: "No matter how stony path, some forge to the front. No matter how easy the going, some lag behind." It's from my sorority's lectures.

The inking of the lower part (the first two lines) is okay but the two last lines are definitely painful although it's not the pain that would actually send me screaming or crying. LOL At one point, Kat was telling me to just sleep and she'll just wake me up when it's finished coz it seemed that I didn't feel anything.

I got an Aries sign because I've been fascinated with the characters Aryans possess. The inscription has been my inspiration to complete the process of application for the sorority. Why, it simply means you can never tell who will succeed. It helped me got by and still do.

You'd probably be wondering why I kept them in hidden areas. I did so plainly because I got these tattoos for myself, to feel good about myself and not for public adoration. Might sound selfish but it's the truth. If I'd get another one (say the dragon) I'd probably place it again somewhere hidden. It feels fulfilling.

Popular Posts