A Happy Christmas and a Happier New Year!

And so I'm back, from winter wonderland! Happy New Year everyone!

Last year, I grabbed the opportunity to use my VLs so I can have a loooong  which I thought would be boring coz I might run out of things to do. You see, since I started working, the longest vacation I've had were those four-day weekends and I got used to stuffing up activities in a short period of time. I just pretended to look at my 10-day vacay as the perfect time to de-stress after a year of hard work. (Now that is questionable.) But seriously, I'm doing this for my family. Since college, I can only count how many times they get to see me and so I needed to make time to be with them. Naks.

I left the city on the 23rd on an early trip thinking I would have more time to sleep when I arrive.

Somewhere in Bulacan.

Day 1

My arrival in Cagayan was disastrous.

Bad weather greeted me while I was figuring out my way home from a strange place. I got lost because I slept and the conductor didn't or forgot to wake me up. I woke up in a strange place somewhere in the inner parts of Cagayan. I later learned I was in Ballesteros when I was supposed to get off at Magapit, roughly 15 kilometers earlier.

The weather was stormy and the air is freezing. I should be used to Decembers like this but that time I was grumpy because I was wearing jeans, slippers and I did not bring any jacket. Somehow, I forgot that Cagayan, the hottest place in the summer, experiences a sort-of winter during this time of the year. Mother kept telling me to look for someone she knows from the bus company but I thought I'm no longer a child so I could pretty much handle the situation and find the way out, which I did, hehe. I'm not really fond of disturbing other people just to save me from my stupidity.

Anyway, that was quite an adventure! Truth is, I've never been to that place before but I was sure I won't be harmed as long as I speak Ilocano and pretend to know the place. :p

It was Christmas eve so I just stayed at home. If not sleeping or just curling up on the bed, I was playing PC games or watching TV. It was cold and I was too lazy to move my ass. I did not even help in the kitchen.

Everytime I get home I relay stories like how hard it is to live alone- I prepare my own meals, wash my own clothes, blah, blah. But seriously, this isn't supposed to be an excuse, they're growing old and they've been 'serving' us their children since forever. I'll try to change my attitude (#NewYearsResolution). Kung bakit lang ako nakakalusot kasi sanay na sila sa katamaran ko and that I don't really like cooking.  Thing is, my brother also deferred from helping and instead, nakikitambay sa akin pag naglalaro o nanonood. What an awesome children my parents have.

I can't remember but I thought I slept off media noche coz I can't find any photos. LOL. In our house, this is normal, hehe. They won't wake people up for the midnight celebration. It was like, it's fine to just put some atang (offering) on the table or in the altar, and whoever's still up could eat. Later, you'll see why.

Day 2

December 25. Beginning in the morning, our house wasn't emptied of relatives and neighbors visiting. My parents and brother started the morning drinking some wine and beer while cooking. I only sipped a glass of red wine.

In the afternoon, I went to our annual Dazzling Horde Christmas get-together at Uncle Amado's place. Dazzling Horde is my high school barkada. Yes, we've got a name. Call us baduy or whatsoever but our group, consisting of 11 girls and 4 guys, was popular (not to mention powerful) in high school.

Uncle Amado and his wife Auntie Loida are good friends of ours, just like most of the students from our high school. But we claim we are their favorite group/class so in the past thee years, we go and visit them on Christmas vacation. We have the guts to just go to their place and rummage their dining table. Kung bakit makapal ang mukha ko, because of these people. This year, we managed to give them a bottle of liquor as a gift. It's cheap but it's the thought that counts. LOL

Alma Mater

Girlfriends


Little doggie

Uncle and Auntie's beautiful anak-anakans


After storming the food, we asked for popcorn. Kapal lang.

Another kapalmuks moment: we asked Yvonne's sister's boyfie to take us home. Hehe.

So that's is this year's Christmas. I must say I am very happy because nobody in the family got drunk and made a scene.

Fave spot.

Popular Posts