What's the Bird?

So after all these years, the bird's not a parrot but an eagle. I'm talking about the UP seal.

Last night, I was stunned when I saw Tuesday Vargas' tweet that says: Ke eagle yan o parrot, UP will still uphold its standards as the epitome of higher education.

When I was a freshman in UP, I thought the bird in the seal is an eagle because it really looks like one. But then my roommates said it's a parrot because parrot is intelligent like the people in the university (or most of them na lang :p). During my second semester in the university, I got the same explanation from an instructor, the bird in the UP logo is a parrot because it is the most intelligent bird, and UP students are madaldal, in the sense na they speak out.

I popped the question on Facebook and as expected, people unanimously replied it's a parrot. Then a friend sent me a link to a blog explaining that the bird in the UP seal is an eagle, as claimed by the UP System Information Office.

Ano ba talaga?

Popular Posts