To Recharge

I only wanted to get a copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray but when I walked in at Powerbooks, hoorah! They're on sale from 20%-80% on all their books! It was so unfortunate that that same time, my salary just came in. Gah, impulsive me! These are books and movies anyway. Yeah, I rarely go to bookstore and I rarely buy books and I...I only buy DVDs once in a blue moon. Thanks to Torrent, my free movies provider and Quiapo, my cheap DVDs haven. I only buy original copies of DVDs I love, the ones I could watch over and over again.

Anyhow, the point of this blog is to set a new goal for my lazy face, that is to read at least 23 books and watch 100 movies for the remaining days of the year.

Yea, 23 because I'll be turning 23 this year, bwahaha! I know it's very few but, but I'm not really into books as I am a slow reader and I usually prefer comics/graphic books (they're still books right?). I don't know why I even call myself Journalism graduate when I seldom read when in college. My eyes were only opened up to reading again when I took Malikhaing Pagsusulat class and my Professor slammed me in the face with "Hindi ka magiging writer" for the reason that I said I seldom read. Since then I forced myself to go to the library, borrow books and amazingly, it turned out that I enjoyed reading Filipino literature. Also, I developed a fascination on Martial Law related lits. I still have it until now.

I loved reading when I was a kid that lead to my parent's fear that I might need to wear glasses at young age but good news! I never reach that point, mwahaha salamat sa telebisyon biatch. My high school days were movies-filled (if you were seated in between movie geeks you'll have no choice but to watch as much movies in the weekends so you'll have something to share during breaks when in school LOLyeah) and my reading dramatically deteriorated. Maybe mother's Tagalog pocketbooks are to blame. However, I'll try to go back to reading again for the sake of my embracing a new life, echos and also because I remember my college writing professor once said, If you had written something, you have to read after. Writing means you let go of some knowledge from your brain so reading means restocking your brain with new ideas.

And also lately, I find myself becoming more bobo from the dating bobo that I was, I promised myself to recharge. I need to rechaaaaaaarge!Reading it is! (When I use the word bobo for myself, I don't feel degraded much. I rarely use it for other people.)

Watching. why watching? Because I no longer go out on Friday and Saturday nights? A friend told me laos na daw na daw ako ako, kasi unlike before, tumatanggi na ako sa inuman. If it falls on weekdays I definitely refuse kasi may klase ako. Another friend commented nakakapanibago kayo and another said, it's alarming! Dahil parang ang seryoso na daw ng lahat sa buhay, sa acads, sa trabaho. Haha! The fact is I don't miss drinking out at all. I find detoxified living, mmmmm...good.  I'm just not sure how long it's gonna last. :p

So I blabbed too much again all I wanna say is I will read 23 books and watch 100 movies for 2011. I will say at this point that I will cheat by choosing those books which were made into motion pictures, hehe. and I will include the movies I've already watched since last month. :D I don't know what to call this new goal of mine, Project 2011 maybe (how creative).

Popular Posts