The 23-Year-Old Virgin

So I went to a friend's birthday celebration, without knowing where exactly in QC they live. I was so confident I would get there by myself as I've already been there once.

LRT1 extension wasn't available so I had to take several jeepney trips. I spent almost 30 minutes looking for jeepneys going to Munoz. When I was already riding one, I realized I didn't know where to get off because I couldn't figure out the landmarks they gave me. At one point, almost all of the passengers alighted and I almost went with them but my instinct said otherwise.

I was told to look out for the BPI, and that's where I should get off. I asked the driver to pull over when I saw the very first BPI branch on the way. It was the right one, because I immediately saw my blockmate waiting for me.

It's our blockmate's (whom we fondly call Virge) birthday. She shares an apartment with another blockmate of ours and other mutual friends and schoolmates. We rarely see each other because we're all busy (they are always busy, with graduate school stuff) so we maximized opportunities like this to catch up.

All of them people in that house are pursuing degrees in the graduate school. I'm almost always embarrassed when I'm with them. Everytime someone pops the question about me going back to school, I tell them, "Sa abroad ako mag-aaral" just to avoid further questions.

The truth is I don't feel like going back to school just yet. I hated school, especially in college, and I still don't feel like facing all the demons that come with studying. Right now, I just wanna enjoy my life as young and carefree (and stupid) working girl.

We had pasta and pizza. Some other friends of theirs came over and we ate and drank and played cards until dawn. Like I didn't have to go to work the next day. I honestly wished for a wholesome party (meaning no alcohol) but then again, that's a suntok sa buwan with these people.

Dona (to me): Sex on the Beach, na-try mo na ba?
Me: Yap, once.
After a moment...
Virge: Na-try mo na ang Sex on the Beach?
Me: Hindi pa. Ita-try ko pa lang this weekend. Magbi-beach kami eh. :p

~~~

Virge: (tries Dona's cocktail mix) Hindi masarap. Kaya pala siya tinawag na Sex on the Beach.
Me:  Bakit? Dahil hindi siya masarap?
Unison: ...kaya magse-sex na lang sila sa beach!










I went to bed at around 4 a.m. but I barely slept since these four (Brou, Dona, Virge and Vera) stayed up till I woke up at 6. I spent almost the entire day at the office sneaking naps.

Popular Posts