What To Do When Your Shoes Committed Suicide in Public

Today is the day I wore three different shoes at work.

Everything was going smooth when I left the house  for work. While I was crossing the street going to the building where I work, I felt the strap of my sandals in the left foot loosened. I stepped my left foot forward and found out that the strap was hanging. I stopped to fix it only to discover the other end of strap with the lock was missing! I looked around, I saw it in the road but the vehicles were still moving. I waited for the red light praying the aluminum/steel (whatever it's called) lock won't get wheeled at. And I got it, unfortunately, the lock was twisted. I dropped by Mini-Stop to buy adhesive. When I tried to glue the lock back, the mighty bond seemed not working.

I went to another store and bought Bulldog for Shoes. On my way back, I passed by an Ukay-ukay shop located at the back of the building where I work. I thought I should've just bought slippers from there. I tried gluing the lock again, still not working. Hopeless, I planned to go home but it would take me one hour or so. What I did was, I went to the Ukay-ukay shop and looked for shoes.

They have few selections and most of the good ones don't fit. My choices were down to a flat brown hi-cut sandals and a two inches heeled black and gray shoes. I went for the more formal one thinking it goes better with my outfit. Had I known that this P294 shoes would go tok, tok, tok in a marble floor, I should've chosen the other one. :p Agaw-eksena shoes pala.

After lunch, I found out my feet have blisters! Before going home, I went back to the Ukay-ukay shop and exchanged the shoes to my other choice. They're not allowing exchange of products especially if they've seen it being worn but I gave all my pagmamakaawa effect. After all, I'll never get to wear the shoes again if they'll give me blisters. And I succeeded!

My first shoes being broken lead to other disasters along the way, like gluing my fingers and spilling bulldog in my pants, unfortunate events regarding work. It's not okay but at least, I have learned something from it. I should go back to bringing slippers at the office.

Popular Posts