It's Boracay Bitch!


March 28: Boracay Island

Boracay was our side trip. When we're still booking our flights, Karen suggested that we go to Boracay for a day or two since it would just be few hours away from Iloilo. Well, 6 hours, but then again, I don't know when I'm gonna have enough money for a Boracay vacation, so I took the opportunity.

Ces, Karen and I bid our friends goodbye before the sun came out. They all had to go back to Manila. Of course, they were envious that we got to file leave of absence from work, while most of them can't afford to do so.

From the hotel, we went to Ceres bus terminal, but upon learning there are other vehicles going to Caticlan as well, we opted for a van for a faster travel. Tired from the past day's activities, I slept off most of the five-hour trip. I kept myself awake when in Kalibo as it's only one-hour away from Caticlan, and I was already thrilled by the fact that I'm now in a place that I used to just hear from celebrities (LOL). When we reached the Caticlan Jetty Port, I very excited and quite overwhelmed that I was now only 10-15 minutes away from Boracay Island.


Accommodation in Boracay is expensive (for us poor travelers backpackers). Karen knows someone from the island whom she asked for suggestions on where we could stay. His brother who's in the island lent a hand and booked us an accommodation. Located at station 3, the inn was a two-storey concrete, painted green and white, and not the glamorous kind because this is what we can afford. Anyway, we just needed a place for our stuff since we'll most probably spend most of the time outside. (Although that wasn't what really happened.) From the inn, we had to walk for several minutes to get to the part of the island where the fun happens.

Upon checking in, we immediately went out for lunch. Ces was craving for Mang Inasal even when we're still in Iloilo but we're so hungry we agreed to just go for the nearest restaurant that offered affordable food. After lunch, we went back to the inn and took a nap. That's how we enjoyed Boracay, by sleeping off most of the time. We agreed to just wake up to see the sunset.


Interesting

We did went out during the early phase of sunset, played some frisbee, took photos, and took a dip in the water. And hey, it was my birthay! I almost forgot, thanks to a sand art that reminded me about the date. That night, I was set to find a grand sand art to take my photo with, but I failed.





It didn't take a couple of hours for us to decide that we're hungry (from sleeping) and that we want to have an early dinner. We walked all the way to D' Talipapa (where the affordable food is, according to people). We finally found Mang Inasal. After dinner, we went back to the inn to change into dry clothes and went out again to experience what Boracay is famous for--the nightlife. We walked up to the end of Station 1. I wanted to go to Guilly's Island but my companions aren't into that kind of stuff, so we settled for a laid-back kind of bar.


When you have artists for friends



Drinks for year 23!

The next day, our initial plan to go swimming early in the morning was scraped off because we spent most of the time sleeping. Sulit na sulit ang inn! We were only enthusiastic for meal times. We only managed to get out assess out of the inn at noon, when we hit the beach. Gusto namin magpa-itim ang puputi namin eh. :p




We had an early dinner before going back to the beach for another sunset, swimming and frisbee session (made my 'wings' ached for days). I wanted to make the most out of our last night in Boracay but I was too tired. We went out early in the evening but then Ces and I went back to the inn after an hour leaving Karen on a solo adventure.




We love this place!


We went back to Iloilo on the third day and flew back to Manila.

It was another good year. I should feel good as I seem to have achieved something. Never did I think I'd reach all these places at 23. Buti na lang kaladkarin ako and I've got plenty of gala friends. :p

Happy to be 23! (Uh, not really.)

Popular Posts