How to Gain Weight in 5 Days

Before that grueling 18-hour trip to hell, I had a heck of a vacation in my hometown.

It is very satisfying to have spent most of the holidays just sleeping. Good thing I now get to enjoy hours of sleep anytime at home in Cagayan because my parents think I'm working my ass off in the city and I deserve to be pampered on rare times that I get home. When I was in elementary and high school, everyday, I would get up at 5:30 am during summer and 6:00 on rainy days to do house chores. Ngayon, 'buhay-prinsesa' na daw, parinig ni Mamang. Iba na daw ang nagta-trabaho at may sariling pera, more parinig. Anyway, tanggap na nilang tamad ako at ang gusto ko lang gawin pag umuuwi ay matulog at kumain.

Mamang warned me beforehand that it was cold in Cagayan and it was always raining, which I thought might ruin the planned outing to Sta. Ana with high school friends. Yeah, the weather’s gloomy when I arrived and it's not that hot for a summer, in Cagayan, but the outing wasn't pursued because the most important person (I've always been the outing/event planner of the group :p) wasn't permitted by her parents to go out during the holy week. Oh, I was allowed to go swimming in the newly opened resort few meters away from home. :p I didn’t insist going to Anguib since I was trying to be the 'good child' in the family. Heck, I didn’t even experience such stringency in high school.

So that's it. I spent the holidays sleeping, watching movies and sometimes reading Carol Shields (before siesta, pampatulog) and most of the time Calvin & Hobbes (after siesta, pampagising). All was going well except that one accident that ruined it all.

On Good Friday, our dog (who doesn't recognize me at all) bit my Auntie’s right hand. It wasn't just a bite, but a serious, bloody wound. And so we spent the afternoon at the hospital. What I really hated is the fact that the night before, I dreamed I was walking along a river together with some people and then an alligator swallowed my leg and won't let go of it no matter how hard I try to take it off its mouth. Those nightmares are making me paranoid!

Anyway, on a positive note, I got to see some friends during the procession that night. They were asking me out the next day but I was too lazy to go out, as usual. Having slept long hours and pigged-out during the 5-day vacation is more than enough. :D I definitely gained weight - the first comment I received when I arrived in Manila. IDC, I'm happy.

Popular Posts