Falcon Will You Stop Acting Like Ondoy!

I will start this post by saying Ondoy is a trending topic in Twitter, worldwide. I guess continuous heavy rain never fails to bring back memories of that storm that submerged Metro Manila in 2009.

I left the office at around 5:40 pm today. It was raining hard. At around 5 pm, while I was watching Dawson's Creek (like a boss!), it started raining which normally I wouldn't notice but that time I did because the wind's slapping the rainwater into the glass walls.

And so I braved the rain, soaked my boots and tried to get a ride. All jeepneys were full and I didn't want to walk one more street to get to the other jeep stop so I waited at the shades of McDonald's for the rain to stop. But it didn't. Instead, it poured heavier. By this time, the streets that were slightly filled with rainwater few minutes back were already flooded up to the brims (whatever you call them) and starting to flood the sidewalks. By this time too, you badly need a luck to get a ride. Jeepneys and cabs didn't dare pass through the part near the sidewalk since it's where most of the water goes. And by this time, too, my boots, the lower part of my pants and the bag I'm carrying were already wet. I totally forgot I was carrying a laptop, myghedz. I ran for a quick shelter again and waited until some jeepneys dropped passengers in front of the building.


Of course, good ol' Pasong Tamo-Kalayaan junction was flooded with knee-high dirty water. And it was equally difficult to get the second ride home because all PUJs were full. I took the alternate route that means I would have to walk few more blocks and the streets might be flooded. I took the risk instead of just waiting there for who-knows-how-many-hours. Memories of Ondoy haunted me so I thought if that would happen again, it's better to get home as soon as possible. Pedicabs are such saviors! I didn't have to walk the flooded streets.

I was feelin' shitty once I got home because the screen door at the main entrance was locked. Good lawd why do they have to lock that door when they can just close the main door as I've got keys. Geez. The doorbell wasn't working and nobody heard me because of the goddamn rain. I waited there for like 5 minutes which seemed forever.

But now I'm feelin' fine since I just finished my dinner. I ate all the sweets I could have on this stormy weather.



Oh, btw, I've another pet peeve now, that is people staring at my boots. I dunno but I'm not really cool with getting people's attention, although sometimes my actions are opposite. In Baguio, nobody cares shall you decide to wear boots on even on summer but in Manila, it is, even on rainy days. I wish I can just transport to New York so I can wear boots more often and without being noticed. :p


And please Falcon, stop raining already.

Popular Posts