Manila, Manila


I rarely see my high school friends. Almost all of us are based in Manila now, but it's hard to find common time. Being the old 'lakad organizer', I took charge again for us to finally reunite and catch up.

I suggested we either go to Luneta or Manila Zoo because malapit sa'kin, and 2 p.m. is way to early to go drinking, although Yvonne contested, "Pwede lang." She really was persistent for the get-together to push through. She must be really bored.

Sunday afternoon, I find myself making my way out of a huge crowd of blues that are the members of Couples for Christ. Every person who arrives at the meeting place tells me, "Ang galing mo pumili ng date, ah, yung maraming tao" or "Kaya mo pinili 'tong date na 'to 'no kasi alam mong may event ang YFC!"

As usual, everybody was late except Rogelio who remarked, "Alas dos ba ang meeting time or alas dos aalis ng bahay?" to which I answered, "Sorry, nakalimutan kong i-remind sila na wag mali-late kasi maaga din ako darating. Dapat pala ala una na lang sinabi ko."

Actually, nobody really knows what we're doing in Luneta, including me, and that is why I told them I brought my tripod because what else to do in Luneta but to take photos! So we walked around while chatting, and stopping to take photos.




A carnival at Quirino Grandstand, but we can't afford it. :p

We waited for Claire before heading off to Manila Zoo. Claire did not want to go but she had no choice because majority wanted to. :D




We didn't stay long at Manila Zoo because Karen suggested that we go to a bar instead. I was so persistent to make our get-together wholesome and clean but Harbour Square is just around the corner. Of course, the call of alcohol prevailed. As Claire said, "Tol, di na tayo makapag-bonding nang walang alak!"



Always awesome to be with these people. :)

Popular Posts