The Muse Has Left

When I was in high, I won first place in a Photojournalism contest. Until now I still believe it's not really the photos that made me walk up the stage, but the captions. I was very very amateur and didn't really know anything about photography. That is why I saw to it that the captions should be able capture the essentials that were lacking in the photos. Back then, I could easily play with words as I loved writing poems and short stories. Of course nothing exemplary for that matter. :p

When I was in college, I used to write captions for Tinn's photos for her Photojournalism course. The girl's got skills in photography but sometimes, she would seek help for the titling and captioning of her photos. That thing inspired me more to take Photojourn the next semester it was offered. I never excelled but I always tried to give the best titles I could think for my photos. Most of the time then, I claimed I was more into creative writing and almost gave up Journalism for Language and Literature. Ganyan ako ka-feelingera. Mabulaklak kasi ako magsulat kaya sobrang ligaya ko kapag feature writing ang requirement.

When I had free time, I made scrapbooks and took out photos from family albums and paste them in the decorative scrapbooks and then write the story behind every photo. Siyempre, napagalitan na din ako ng Nanay ko dahil dyan. :p

Then, I had claimed (and once boasted to a friend) that writing catchy titles and pretty good captions is my talent.

Today. I can't even think of decent titles for my photos. I've given up on writing captions but titles?! The heck, what happened? Where have all my creativity gone? Most of the time, I can't even think of catchy titles for my entries. Like this very entry I'm writing. I couldn't coin the words to perfectly speak what I wanna say. Seriously, this thing depresses me right now.

I've always been creative with words. I guess, not anymore.

Popular Posts