Garden of Eden

From Samal Island, we arrived at a chilly Davao. It began drizzling while we're hailing a cab to take us to Kuya Ed, a buffet restaurant. We were all famished. Once we got into the restaurant and seated, we decided to proceed with the dinner even without our other friends. They arrived shortly naman. Kuya Ed restaurant is famous for its P99 eat all you can buffet. Emman and I wanted to eat there upon arrival in the city from Manila but we had no idea where it is. Apparently, the restaurant is just a walking distance from Green Windows.

My companions were surprised when I started filling my plate with tons of food. Malakas talaga ako kumain. I really tend to binge eat when the food is free especially when there's free food haha. I told them that time Diana, Abel and I availed of Max's Chicken-All-You-Can, and I ended up eating 6 pieces of quarter chicken. Some were even amazed when they saw me eating seaweed. Good lawd, I love seaweed! Generally, I love seafood! Too bad these days, I only get to eat seaweed whenever I go home to Cagayan, and that's just once or twice a year. We also talked about vegetables we like and don't like. I told them there seems to be no veggie that I do not eat. Before I can even add a word, Emman burst, Ilocana ka kasi eh. It's true I grow up eating a lot of vegetables. Pinakbet, dinengdeng, and buridibud--we can mix and match vegetables into yummy dishes! Di ako choosy sa food kaya perfect akong kasama sa buffet.


Anyhow, there is nothing extraordinary about the food at Kuya Ed. But it's just P99 naman. I stuffed my myself with fried bangus and chopseuy. After dinner, some wanted to have coffee, but we're really all full, so we walked back to the dormitel instead. We didn't sleep immediately. We went to Shyne and Rein's room and watched and chatted for hours. One of the night's subject are spooky stories but we managed to go back to our room ditching the idea of sleeping altogether in that room, haha.

Day 3

Basically, this day starts our 2-day city tour. Davao is so huge you could travel as far as Manila to Laguna and you realize you're still in Davao. We hired a van to make matters easier. Our first stop was the Eden Nature Park located at the highlands in the outskirts of the city. The entrance fee is P180 per person inclusive of snacks. They also offer guided shuttle tour for P100 per person, that is an hour of quick tour around the place since Eden is huge and there are so many things to see inside the park. If we had plenty of time, I rather we walk around the place to better appreciate the beauty of the surroundings. Eden Park feels like Baguio. I learned later on that the pine trees grown at the park were imported from Baguio City.









The park has different gardens–flower, vegetables, etc, and there are animals walking around, and they have a fishery, too.





Another business of ours in Eden Park is their skyrider. Initially, we thought their zipline is the longest in Davao (and in the country) but we later learned it wasn't. Skyrider is P150, that's back and forth zipline ride. But before the zipline, nagsawa muna kami sa Indiana Jones. Seriously, I want one at the backyard of my future house. :p



Just when we decided to go ziplining coz we're running out of time, it rained. We had to wait for the rain to stop. It could've been an adventure though if they allow ziplining under the rain but the staff said it's too dangerous because the cable would be too slippery.



We had plenty other things listed in our itinerary for that day but things happened. We were stuck at Eden Park until 3pm. After doing Skyrider, we headed back to town and dropped by a store that sells durian delicacies for pasalubong. It’s a factory outlet so the prices are cheaper. And then we went to Sunburst for a super late lunch. It began raining again before we even reach the restaurant.


Sunburst is famous for its fried chicken, and I perfectly understand why. Wish they have unlimited fried chicken promo haha!

It was stormy when we left Sunburst so we had to cancel all the other activities in our itinerary and decided to drop by Blugre to try their Durian-flavored coffee. But realizing we’re all tired, we didn’t stay at the coffee shop and just took our drinks to the dormitel.

Popular Posts