Admit One 10th Anniversary

Guess who went drinking to watch a gig on a weeknight.


Last Wednesday was Admit One's 10th anniversary celebration at SaGuijo Cafe, and some of my friends were dying to go so I had to accompany them (because I'm a good friend like that.) I was actually having second thoughts because it was only midweek and the friends would be coming from QC, but then they insisted. So there.

I didn't regret coming though because I've seen my favorite bands perform live.


See? Walang tapon sa line up! I wasn't even aware about the gig being Admit One's finale as the production is already closing its doors. I've heard/read about Admit One before (maybe from the gigs/concerts I also planned to see) but I didn't really had the slightest idea it is manned by musicians themselves, Vin Dancel being the brain of the production.

When the Admit One Staff/band members were sharing their stories and they were askin' people where were they in 2001, my friends and I were babbling, I was in elementary/high school in this and that place. Back then, as Vin Dancel, who was with Twisted Halo then, stated how musicians struggled to get booked for gigs. So what they did, they invited friends from other bands and they booked themselves for a night of just jamming together. And so Admit One was born.

SaGuijo was packed. Fans and supporters exchanged sweats for five-hours of non-stop rock and rollin'.   Ebe Dancel even gave us a treat by playing with the the guitarist of his former band Sugarfree. Too bad though, I missed Pedicab's act since after Chicosci, we had to go out to breath in fresh air.

Here are videos and snapshots from the event:






What better way to cap the night off than hearing your current favorite OPM- the cab we hired was playing Never the Strangers' Alive before they dropped me off to my place. :)

Popular Posts