Leaving Bohol and Cebu

Here's the inevitable sad ending to every good trip. We'll be taking different flights, the earliest being at 10am so we had to leave Bohol the earliest possible time. We managed to catch the 7am trip of Starcraft.

A family of musician serenading passengers waiting for their trips. They are amazing!


Once in Cebu, we went to Simeon's place for breakfast and to freshen up. Then we headed to town for pasalubong. We had to drop by Sto. Nino Basilica because Vera had never been there. We also checked out the nearby Metropolitan Cathedral which boasts an amazing old architecture as well.

From the cathedral, we searched the sidewalks for cheap Espadrilles (those shoes that look like Toms) before going to Shamrock, a popular pasalubong center, where we purchased packs of Cebu's famous delicacies.

We went back to Ayala (where we left our stuff earlier) for a late lunch/early dinner. We had lechon from CnT (because we never had the chance to eat at Larshan's. Vera's flight is still at 11 pm so she had to go to SM to meet up with the boys while Dona and I ran to catch our flight.

I'm happy I still have the spontaneity of the 19-year old me. I'm getting old but I still couldn't care less most of the time. Spending days of adventure with strangers is not a new experience, but I love the fact that I just made a bunch of great memories with 7 new acquaintances/friends. I wish I had more money to travel more often.

Popular Posts