Home Alone on a Long Weekend

So I was home alone since Friday night. I actually had no plans of going home to Cagayan even before I went on a sudden trip to Cebu because 1) I'm broke 2) I dread the loooooooong bus trip, can't afford to fly 3. I gotta work until October 29 leaving me with a 3-day weekend. Enough with excuses, I'm a little guilty coz I won't be able to visit my sister on All Soul's Day. Siya na lang daw dadalaw sakin sabi ni Dona, LOLJK Mabait yun. Babawi na lang ako sa Christmas at New Year.

My landlady may have been surprised when she asked me whether I'll go home or what and I answered, "no." For the past months, I've been going out of town every time there's a long weekend so she must've thought I'll leave the metro for this holiday. Na-bother ata siya na mag-isa lang ako. Oh well, being alone is nothing new. I'm the best case of being forever alone y'know, hehe. No joke but during the summer of 2009, I was all alone in this big house for 2 months because every summer, my landlady and her son and their househelp goes on a vacation to Pangasinan. I didn't have a roommate then. When my parents learned about this they freaked out a little but by the time I informed them, the 2 months summer vacation was almost over.

Anyway, so mag-isa lang nga ako and I planned to accomplish lots of things before the return of the workweek. I actually expected getting drunk by Saturday night so I'll have to spend the whole Sunday sleeping due to hangover and Monday I'm gonna start with the things I need to finish, that is editing and uploading photos. But few more hours remain before reality bites in and I'm sober. Yay! This is an achievement! I managed to stay sober for the whole weekend! But, I failed to finish even just an item on my to-do list. Because all weekend all I did was pig-out and play Diner Dash and lurk in the inernetz. I didn't even bother going out even if I needed to. I'm the master of manana habit, har.

However, I managed do some productive stuff, like doing the laundry and cleaning out my closet. On Sunday night too, I bravely watched ABS-CBN's Halloween Special Kababalaghan, alone. All day wala akong magawa and everybody was like waiting for the show. Di ko nga lang natapos dahil inaantok na ako.

Today, I cooked pansit so I'll have something for "atang" (food offering) because All Souls' Day tradition calls for that. I'm such a probinsyana.

I wanted to cook pasta but we're going to Penpen's this weekend so I'll have to set aside my cravings. In our place, during this season, we usually cook rice cakes (suman/malagkit) for atang but I can't do that and the next best idea which is buying malagkit became impossible since it was almost noon when I gained enough motivation to go out of the house. Malamang ubos na ang mga tinda nun. Ube na lang ang nabili ko. Anyway, it's the thought that counts.

Patapos na ang weekend buti na lang may isa pa next weekend! :)

Popular Posts