Meeting The Bamboo

This must be how a drugged person feels like. I am so elated right now. Parang droga raw ang bisa, diba nga? What is a happy happy Sunday. It's been hours but I'm still ecstatic. Well, who wouldn't be?



Bamboo Manalac, one of the finest rock icons in the Philippines, in flesh and blood. Just wow. A dream come true. (This is embarrassing, but while having our photo taken, I was trembling.) And after hours, the smile in my face won't still go away. This is an early Christmas gift and a huge favor I've done for myself. I got to hold shake his hand, spoke and had a photo with him. I never really thought I'd ever get to him that close. I had always been happy just seeing him on stage and on TV. Suplado 'to nung Bamboo (band) pa sila eh.

A little backgrounder on this fangirling: Si Bamboo lang naman kasi ang aking one true love childhood-pre-teen crush idol mula pagkabata (Rivermaya days). It's just too bad that in my 23 years in this planet, I only got to see him perform live once (with his former band Bamboo), that was in 2006 or 2007 in Baguio. Oh well, there was this another time I heard a part of their set (there were too many people in the venue we decided to just stay outside) also in Baguio. It was devastating.

Last month, I failed to go to Tanduay Rockfest where Bamboo first performed as a solo artist. I felt so bad so I made sure to follow his schedules from then on. Stalking na to! When I learned about this CD signing (thank you Anj, fangirl supports co-fangirl), I immediately cancelled my earlier commitment (bad bad person but I had a hunch the out of town trip won't push through anyway because it has been raining).

Thank goodness I was able to drag my lazy ass out of the house. It's really an achievement to be able to go to Mall of Asia on a Sunday, and with rain pouring. I live in Manila but anywhere outside the city is distant for me. At one point, I've convinced myself to just stay home and just wait for another opportunity to meet Bamboo. (My friends Dona and Michelle decided not to go, after all they live in Project 8.) But I thought, too, that in the past, there had been some events I regret not going to. So there, I went out of the house. And I'm really really glad I did.

Now I have a copy of No Water No Moon signed by Bamboo himself:


...and some stuff for friends:



I just learned that there are tons of Bamboo fans among my Facebook contacts when I posted the photo on top and it received lots of comments and likes.

*Thank you Jayson Herrera for taking the photos!

Popular Posts