Rock the Riles


I went to bed at 6am at unfortunately woke up at around 10:30 am. I am a sleepyhead but I really have a problem when it comes to sleeping in the morning, just the AM part of the day because I can sleep at any given time of the day. I planned to get as much sleep as I can because I'll be needing energy for an event I really really wanna go to- the Rock the Riles 2011.

Despite the fact that I was feeling weak, I can hardly walk straight because there are blisters all over my feet and my legs in general were overused from partying the night before, I managed to drag myself out of the house to the nearest MRT 3 station, Ayala.


After one song from Musical O, I rushed to Taft station to meet up with Mara for the camera left on my bag. When I arrived, the show was just starting as well so I caught a set before moving to Buendia where I got to see a number from Pull It A Surprise before going back to Ayala supposedly to meet up with Kat. Taft is where I really wanna stay but I was also hoping to get company, hehe.


But Kat and company transferred to another station once I arrived. I then decided to go north in hopes to finally get company, hehe. Poor girl, forever alone. I caught Paolo Santos' performance at Shaw and I was aboard a train when Kat alerted me with a text that Ira Cruz is in Cubao. Of course I hurried to that station. I got to watch awesome these awesome performances:





I was so happy I got to watch Hijo. It's the first time and I fell in love with their song Dahil Sa Iyo which sounded like a Kundiman, and I just learned today that it is indeed a Kundiman. :p

We went back to Ayala to catch Radioactive Sago Project but we're so lucky to catch Up Dharma Down, too. :)



Sooooo! At the end of event my feet were already screaming mad at me for overusing them (all the while I prefer to stand than during all the performances I watched) but it's all worth it. :D Music cures.

Congratulations and thank you to Miss Gang Badoy for an awesome concert! I'm pretty sure the message you want to convey reached the audiences which is dominated by youngsters, syempre. Let's fight for our human rights in our own way. :)

--

Rock the Riles 2011
(Published 8 December 2011)


Choose a station, watch a gig, take a stand, rock and roll. It’s Rock Ed Philippines’ seventh annual Rock the Riles, a massive celebration of International Human Rights Day!

***
Taft Station - Rock vs Hunger
Tanya Markova, Giniling Festival, Stonefree, Soapdish, Above Zero, Wika, Heavy Heavies, Hatankaru, AJKA, Soundvent, Eevee, Letter Day Story, Kaligta, Kilos, Circa, Not So Fast, Philia, and Ciudad Tribu 


Ayala Station - Rock for the Environment
Radioactive Sago Project, UpDharmaDownm Encounters With A Yeti, Musical O, Sleepwalk Circus, Hidden Nikki, The Charmes, Not Another Boy Band, Dr.Strangeluv, and Akasha. Presented by Terno Recordings

Buendia Station - Rock vs HIV/AIDS, Malaria, and Preventable Diseases
Intolerant, Reklamo, Bad Burn, Odat, Trapeze, Penguin, Pull It Surprise, Sirens, Save Me Hollywood, Jejaview, Htachbanko, Around the Metro, Lady Ransom, Jensen Gomez, Archievals, Harlequin Carnival, and Sleep


Boni Station - Rocking for Gender Equality
Flippin’ Soul Stompers, Collie Herb, Good Leaf, Tarsius, The Go Signals, Fingertrap, Jeepney Joyride, The Strangeness, Nanay Mo, Tirso Cruise Three, FilterKeen, Kevin’s Express, and Big Band Groove

Shaw Station - Rocking for Education
Paolo Santos, Silent Sanctuary, Peryodiko, Duster, Kala, Gracenote, Kai Honasan, and Playphonics

Cubao Station - 
Rocking for Global Trade and Development
Noel Cabangon, Paramita, Hijo, Hilera, Turbo Goth, Camerawalls, FMD, Top Junk, Chongkeys, Ganhava, Alex in Wonderland, Miko Pepito, Faintlights, Allecia, Nityalila, OG Sacred, Midsummer, LTNS, and Toyo. Presented by Dakila — .

Quezon Avenue Station - 
Rocking for Maternal Health
CinemAlexis Film Showing

North Avenue Station - 
Rocking for Children’s Health
Mayonnaise, Tonight We Sleep, Hansom, Subscapular, Sirens, Chris Cantanda, Shoulder State, Lights in Transit, Arcadia, PileDriver, Wilderness, and Twin Lobster. Presented by Mary Moon Productions

* * *

In the last 2 years I never made it to RockEd's free concert but this year I'll make sure I'll be at the nearest MRT station to my place on Sunday. :)

Popular Posts