Usapang UP

I was paying for my coffee at the counter of a convenience store:

Cashier: Miss, call center ka?
I: Hindi po.
Cashier: Saan ka?
I: Diyan lang po. (Pointed to the direction of our office.)
Cashier: Diyan sa ------? (He said something I did not understand.)
I: (Ayoko sana sumagot pero baka sabihin suplada ako. Lagi pa naman ako bumibili dun.) Diyan po sa Writers.
Cashier: Ah, UP ka?
I: Opo. (I was surprised because I'm not wearing any UP insignia, just my sorority shirt but my jacket hid the name of my sorority on my shirt.
Cashier: Manila?
I: Hindi po.
Cashier: (Handing me my change.) Kelangan mo nu cup? Los Baňos?
I: Stirrer na lang po. Hindi po. (I was expecting he was gonna say Visayaz next.)
Cashier: Diyan sa Quezon City? (With matching turo pa.)
I: (I'm now leaving. Di ko mapigilang tumawa.) Baguio.

Popular Posts