Why We Drink


For four straight nights, I drank. But I got drunk just once. (Naks.)

Vodka on the first night; tequila, gin and brandy on the second da (with APO people) while beer, pinacolada and black mambo on the third night (obviously at Miguel's). And just last night, together with my beach/bitch buddies, I created our own version of pinacolada. We tried to imitate that one from Miguel's.

I really need to drink Liveraid soon, if I still want to add years to my life.

Anyway, this is not the first time I went drinking days in a row but what made me blog about this particular drinking spree are the words that suddenly came out of my housemate's mouth one time we're drinking, "Hindi naman talaga masarap ang alak eh."

We were having the drunk conversation and talking about why people drink. (I was all ears because heck, drinking has been our my way of life since I went up to this freezer kind of a place supposedly to get a decent education. I've succeed in bad influencing some of my friends. Socializing, yes they owe it to me. Kapal, haha)

Well, my housemates was saying that people (us in particular) drink because we want to be with our peers. That anybody doesn't really want to get drunk. Even I despise the feeling, especially the hangover that comes with it the next day.

She quips, people just want to talk to their buddies over alcohol because most often, people better speak their minds and hearts off when drunk. They can spill their emotions without hesitations, that is.

I thought it all makes sense.

Popular Posts