Brandon Boyd: The Real Kilig Demon

Lunch time, at our office's pantry. One of our officemates started talking about her experience with sleep paralysis.
Her: I couldn't move and I felt like I couldn't breathe...
Anj: (whisps to me) You know what that means, right? That means a demon was sitting on her chest that's why she couldn't breathe. An incubus, you know?
Me : I know! Yes, yes!
Anj: They rape women while they're asleep.
Me: That would explain tiyanaks (demon babies) and women giving birth to snakes.
Anj: Incubus, huh? Imagine Brandon Boyd is sitting on top of your chest while you're asleep. Hmmmm
Ladies and gents, once again, Anj' succeeded in leaving a bad mental image on my already filthy mind. Before, talks about incubus would mean sharing my encounter with a shadow-like figure back when I was living in Baguio (I still don't consider it an incubus encounter since I'm not even sure what that entity was). But now, everything changed, what with this Brandon Boyd idea. Heck, it's more fun to butt in in an incubus conversation now! Haha!

Now, the idea my friend suggested is particularly bad for me because I experience sleep paralysis a lot. Sometimes, I can even control my dreams. The very moment I experienced a lucid dream-sleep paralysis, maybe a day after that conversation happened, so what I did was try to 'insert' Brandon Boyd's image into my dream. But my conservative self kicked in so instead of imagining him sitting on top of my chest, I placed him at the side of my bed, just standing there, staring at me, until I fell back to sleep. Ang creepy lang but I felt happy because once again, I proved to myself how I can easily manipulate my 'dreams' now. Lucid dreaming used to be really scary but it happens a lot so I got used to it already.

Oh yes we're talking about Brandon Boyd. The voice. Ang gwapo ng boses niyan, eargasmic. I think his voice is one of the best voices in the music industry ever. I really really love it that if I ever I can create a rocker boyfriend for myself (my strange ideas) I will get him a voice like Brandon Boyd's. Yung boses niya yung tipong kahit maghapon kong naririnig, di ako magsasawa.

When I was a young girl (and didn't even have any idea what the word 'incubus' means) and first heard of his them (Incubus band), I imagined him to be really gwapo. (Gwapo naman si Brandon Boyd pero mas crush ko lang talaga yung boses niya. Gumwapo pa lalo when I learned that aside from singing, Brandon writes and paints, too!)

I'd say it wouldn't be bad at all if the incubus that will trespass your room at night is this man:



While you're at it, listen to this track, Brandon's malandi voice. :p

Popular Posts