Movies for the Rainy Weekend

I'm happy when it rains only because I get to wear boots, coat and sometimes, scarf. But since it was the weekend that had been ravaged by the relentless rains, I managed to stay happy because I got to catch up with my movies/series list.

The Covenant (2006)

So I said I wanna watch 'no-brainer' movies for the weekend, or something funny because it has been a stressful week. One time, while we were talking about movies with young pogi boys, Anj suggested that I watch The Covenant. According to her, it's one of those movies that were filled with good looking people to compensate for its lack of compelling story. She's actually right. Haha! I considered seeing it because (1) of Chace Crawford and (2) the other handsome guys.

How fail was this movie? It was rated 3% in Rotten Tomatoes. The movie is about a group of young boys that belong to a clan of English witches that migrated to America. And then came along another boy, belongs to the other family that was thought to have died long ago. This one man, stronger than the others, threatens to get the others' superpowers to be even stronger.

It may not be the type of supernatural movie that will appease you (there are plenty of loopholes) but there are certain things that I've appreciated, like that scene where the boys made their car fly during a chase: "Harry Potter can kiss my ass!" And some punch lines, "What the hell are you staring at faggot?" "That thing between your legs. It's like a penis, but smaller."

Although, Chace rarely spoke, para siyang saling-pusa sa group nila, I forgive the movie, just for the eyecandies. Ang babaw ko.


Not Another Teen Movie (2001)


I was sticking to my plan, it's gonna be a no 'no-brainer' movie marathon so I re-watched Not Another Teen Movie, just because of Chris Evans. At least, this made me smile and smirk. One of those pang-barkaga get together movies. It's mababaw and it's already expected so yun na yun. What you think is what you get. :D

The Five Senses (1999)


I was watching Outsourced simultaneously and for my movie break, I kinda yearned for something a little bit serious, or something dramatic. I decided to go for The Five Senses but I didn't know it was one hell of a serious movie. I initially thought it's kind of funny (rom-com) when I watched the trailer. It's a good drama though.

The Five Senses is an exploration of the five senses- sight, smell, hearing, touch, and taste- in an interrelated stories of several families. The subject is interesting but the characters are more of the reason why you'll get into the story. The characters are so diverse (I kept asking why is this person like that, blah blah) but the filmmaker managed to make contrasting personalities worked/clicked to produce a good story.


A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)


This is long overdue and yes, I  haven't seen this movie in whole before. I watched it for the young Johnny Depp as suggested by a friend. ;)

Popular Posts