Surviving Battalia Royale 3.0

Image by Pepe and the Polygons
The real battle we had to win that night was the ride going to Museo Pambata. My companions and I had to bear with an annoying cab driver who kept blabbing all throughout the trip. We were 30 minutes late because we knew he intended to take the longer way despite the fact that we told him we're running late for this show. The cab even died in the middle of Roxas Boulevard and the driver asked us to get out of the cab and push it (we're all girls BTW). The right thing we should've done was to walk out without paying him and find our way to Museo Pambata. But in situations like this, I always chicken out because I think of the worst that could happen if the driver gets back at us.On the bright side, with the strength my friends and I showed, would fair well in Survivor. :p

Battalia Royale 3.0 was good! I haven't been to the theaters for a while so this is the first one I've seen in years. The actors did very well. I liked the interactive concept of the play. I just wish I was chosen as the killer, I would've shot the hell out of that student. LOL what is violence. Anyway, as I said, I liked Battalia Royale, I like what I saw, but not enough to love it. Parang nakulangan ako, di ko lang maidentify kung saan.

Photo by Nikki del Carmen
Maybe it's because of the fact that I'm not really a big fan of Battle Royale (I've only seen the first film). But lots of my friends are fans. In fact some of them had even read the book. So when they heard about Battalia Royale 3.0, they eagerly bought tickets. Long story short, I just tagged along. But anyway, it was great seeing the play with friends. It was .

I saw familiar faces in the crowd, two of my orgmates in Tabak-Baguio (I had a theater org when I was a freshman in UP and quit  went inactive after a year so I could concentrate on my application in a sorority). We chatted a bit, about the scene going on infront of  us, when we were seated next to each other. P asked me, how did I find the play, and I was so tempted to say, 'Uhm, satisfactory' but I thought they were part of the production or something so I just said, 'Yah, it's good, I'm enjoying it.' (I hope Sipat  Lawin won't read this. hihi. It's just me, okay. My friends enjoyed the play and would very much want to see another installment in the future.) 

So after the play, we lingered and talked about the play, and then we saw Manix Abrera (Kikomachine) in a corner, went up to him and asked if we could take photos with him. He happily obliged and even chatted with us (had to reply to all our praises) and might have stayed longer had he not have to answer a phone call.



And look! We actually wanted to take a photo with him holding this sign that saying hey to Elren who ditched us, and what did we get? A message from the iconic Kikomachine character. Siya na nga yung hindi nakapunta siya pang may drawing. :p

Popular Posts