Zac Efron in Manila

I have several many things to say about this Zac Efron Fan Conference that happened last night. But first let me just say that Zac is so damn handsome and hot (even without taking his shirt off) in person.

Few weeks, before the FanCon day, I was at the Mall of Asia with three of my girl friends (because we fangirl together), trying on clothes at Penshoppe. Fact, Penshoppe is a brand I haven't worn since I was a kid.

It was the first time I went shopping with friends, and we swore to never do it again. Or if we ever do, at least when we already have our own PAs (ambisyosa). We spent the whole day at the mall because we also had to buy from the rival store. Yes, Bench, because they had a promo, too --tickets to Adam Levine meet and greet. One of us got a pass.

Although, after this, I said I'll no longer join any meet & greet promos that involves buying clothes --records sige, okay lang. That's because I noticed some of the pants I bought were worn out after few uses. I wish these brands rather work on the quality of their products.

So Saturday, September 29, was the day. I was at the MOA Arena with two of my girl friends, we had an extra ticket for Lowerbox but no takers. We only decided to go to the Arena some 20 minutes before the gate opens despite the my other friend's warning that there's already a crowd outside the areana.

Indeed, the line was crazy! Our group refused to line up because we assumed there are separate entrance for each section. Sumingit na lang kami. Anyway, once inside, we're still made to line up, and that's where I saw another friend, whom I was supposed to meet up with once inside the arena. Before that day he kept saying he's tensed that he's going alone. I just told him we'd sit with him in the VIP sec if there are vacant seats (but later we discovered there was a partition between Patron and VIP). Kids went wild when the doors inside the concert area were opened. Parang MRT rush hour lang multiplied by 5 ang tao.

Then the great waiting began. Gates opened at 6 so I expected the program to start at 7 or 7:30, pinakamatagal na yung 8. Did not happen. The guys from GMA interviewed us, because I kept motioning and blabbing that they should interview us, too, when I saw them interviewing some kids seated along the isle near us. I'm so relived our interview didn't make it to the final cut, because our answers are all sabaw. I partly blame the sabaw questions, too, ~why are you here?~ In my mind I wanted to say, because I've been a fan of Zac since High School Musical, but I'm gonna be lying, and one of my companions know that. Before, I hated High School Musical along with Miley Cyrus. Justin Bieber and One Direction kids are lucky I changed my ways/attitude/perspective towards things. ;)

Before the show started, the point and shoot we brought was confiscated, and all the photos taken inside the arena were deleted. (Kinuha ng mga events organizer yung dala kong camera kasi bawal daw kahit point & shoot. Ilang beses nilang binuksan yung camera, at may tinitingnan sa pictures, tas tatawa. Nung binalik sakin, wala na yung mga kuha sa loob ng arena, tas nakita ko to...yung binabalik-balikan nilang iview. Mga bitchesa, God bless you na lang sa pagdelete sa picture ni Kiray. :p)

Few minutes before 9, there was a countdown, and we were all made to expect Zac's finally coming out on the stage. But no, some dance group danced for maybe 15 minutes. Then La Divas sang, and Jay R, too. I began to think we were at a taping of Party Pilipinas to be aired the next day. Never the Strangers (because I think they're talented) and the UP Pep Squad (of course) dancing to We're All in this Together were the highlights of that pre-Zac entertainment.


Finally, Zac showed up after the  (UP Pep number). Walked through the stage, smiled, waved, high-fived the fans near the stage and threw his leather jacket to the audience. Fifteen minutes later, some kids were still fighting over the jacket.

Then Boy Abunda 'privately' interviewed Zac, infront all of us. Somehow, I wished Raymund Guttierez rather did the interview, so everything's easy on the eyes. LOLJK I just thought he'd ask more interesting questions because he's of the same generation. Of course, most of Zac's answers were scripted/made to please the girls.



One kid got her first kiss. Some other girls that were asked to give their messages to Zac were also invited backstage after the show, but I learned when I got home that the security had to rush Zac outside the venue sooner, so there was no meet and greet that happened.

There was a hundred passes that were given for a meet & greet onstage. We didn't really know how the 'raffle' went but there were lots of 175s among the chosen 100 and all our 4 tickets start with 196. What is minamalas. My other friend got onstage though. He asked me to took photos, but coincidentally, the camera fucked with me when it was their batch's turn to go on stage, like it knows I had to take important photos. I managed to catch this. Arrjem is so lucky!


Celebrity sighting:


Pep Squad & Zac Photos from Arrjem

Popular Posts