So There's this Irish Pub in the Vicinity...

I haven't drank for quite a while, and the reasons I gave in tonight was because I felt my lips getting dry (true story) and the friend who asked me to go out is leaving the city soon.

We agreed to check out this place included in spot.ph's list of 10 Best Places for Beer in Manila. It's around the vicinity of my workplace so I'm all good, except when I looked the place up in Google and discovered that they're menu are kinda costly. But I didn't want to go to the usual places either, so there, I met up with Karen and went to this Irish pub. And I liked it in an instant!


When we arrived there two huge groups and a couple in the music lounge. I wanted to get a seat at the smoking area (not that I wanna smoke...yay, I almost gave in!) but there was a set going on so we just drank our beer at the bar while waiting for Mara.


I thought the performer must've taken a peek at my playlist since most of the songs he played were also my favorite tracks. LOL It just happened that he may have liked Oasis, too, and Coldplay and other Brit groups. He also played this Elton John piece which lead to Karen learning that I have a guitar named Daniel. And I received a favorable amount of teasing because of that. We're a bunch of friends that doesn't name our things, I may be the first to do that in our circle.

But hey, that's the only thing I owned that I named, in a desperate effort to try to make myself get attach to it so I can finally learn to play it. So far, it's not working. In the future if I ever own other guitar, (which I'm sure is going to happen since I'm not really fond of the one I have now) I'll still name it Daniel. I'll name all my guitars Daniel sowhat.

 

A convo we had:

K: May board games sila! (upon noticing a bunch of board games stack in a corner)
Me: ...
K: Maglaro tayo!
Me: ...
K: Sana may Snake & Ladder kasi yun lang madali.
Me: Kaya ako hindi sumasagot kasi yan din iniisip ko! Chess at Scrabble lang kasi yang nakikita ko eh!

After all, it's Friday night and I just wanted my brain to breath a little. ;)

Popular Posts