Wrong Move, Right Move

Today I did some things wrong and some things right. I'll take you to the start.

I set my alarm at 5am. The past days, I felt like I've got some jinx because no matter how early I wake up, I always end up getting stuck in traffic. I wanted to end the streak so I had to get up earlier than my roommate so I can use the bathroom first. That was successful, although I didn't really get up at 5. Just like any other day, I pressed the snooze button and slept for 20 more minutes. But anyway, travel time was indeed lesser this time, although I was beginning to doubt when traffic was starting to build up at this road they were fixing. But all in all, it's still a swift ride.

I had to wake up early so I can finally go to SSS and submit the requirement to change my temporary SSS number into a permanent one. If I hadn't tried applying for a unified ID last week, I wouldn't have known that my number isn't permanent.

I expected to be the first one to arrive at the SSS office. It was only 5 minutes past seven when I got to Makati. I even  thought of going to the workplace first and log myself in and then go out at 7:30, when SSS opens. It's a walking distance anyway. But I decided to just head straight to SSS and wait. Most employees came late, only one was there and started at 7:30 so it took me a while to get things done.

Wrong move: Before leaving the office, I was told that usually, there are lesser people in government offices in the afternoon, because everyone has this mentality that it's easier to get things done in the morning, so they all flocked there in the morning. I was so heartbroken because I spent an hour there, just so I can submit a copy of my identification. *sigh*

Right move: I'm glad I managed to wait because I learned that it actually takes just a month for my number to be changed, not 3 months like what the other lady told me last week. So it's fine. I can get my ID processed in a month!

After office, I wanted to check out this booksale at the bookstore in Ayala Triangle. At the same time, I also wanted to buy flats. I chose to go to the mall because (1) I can always go there next week if the sale's still on (2) I have plans to go to National Bookstore's warehouse sale this weekend.

So I bought myself a pair of shoes and a sling bag. And finally, I got a copy of Ramon Baustista's book, Bakit Hindi Ka Crush Ng Crush Mo? I was so happy! I've been to various bookstores since October and they always run out of copies.

Wrong move: While at the mall, I thought it was actually Friday! The mall was like a typical payday weekend or a normal day in December. And it's only November. Well, it slipped my mind that it was the 15th, and there were mall sales.

Right move: I don't really like shopping that much, and a crowded mall doesn't really help. On the bright side, I was happy I got discounted goods. :) 

On my way out, I saw this Ukay-ukay/Tiangge at Glorietta atrium. I thought I can just drop by and check things out. One booth was selling various old stuff like Tapes, VHS/Betamax, magazines, books, etc. I saw back issues of Time and Newsweek for P10. I took maybe 30 pieces of these (hoarding!) and a couple of music mags and a photography magazine. When I was paying, the saleslady said they're actually sold half the price now, so it was just P5 each for Time and Newsweek. Perfect because I badly need to educate myself with what's happening outside Hollywood. :D I will now have something to look forward to on toilet time. LOLTMI

Wrong move: Walking in to a sale without enough money. 
Right move: Walking in to the sale, because now I got lotsa reads. :)


Popular Posts