Live in the Moment

Sunday. I should be in Subic, getting lost with a friend, but I found myself waking up in the chilly Tagaytay instead. It was an impulse trip. Just a hasty decision of people whose thinking were already cloudy due to alcohol and lack of sleep.

Saturday. I woke up early because I've got several things to do. I finished my laundry first before heading out to do other errands. The first thing on the list started to fuck things up. I tried to console myself by purchasing some stuff. Friends asked me to join them and get my nails done in another mall, but it's too hot to travel to another city. Then I was informed about a friend's graduation party that night, in the northern area. Again, I thought of not going since it's too far. But this other friend confirmed attendance so I had to say yes, too.

Saturday night. I only had breakfast and halo-halo the whole day so I made sure to take in all the calories I could at Wik's dinner party. Haha! Too much delicious and home-cooked food! After dinner, naturally, there were drinks. My tummy reacted bad to the Boracay mix. I declined the other drinks because I was feeling sluggish already (it was past my bedtime!) and I still have to be at either Cubao or Monumento Victory terminal for Subic.

At around 2:30 am, on the way to drop off Mara in Pasay before me and two others head home, somebody (~me) suggested we all go to Tagaytay. Without giving it any thought, everyone agreed. YOLO

On the other hand, I left my other friend hangin', the one I should be going with to Subic. Judging on her messages the past day, she badly needs to go somewhere far from the city, but my deciding incapacity shelved the Subic trip. I was even the one who was so excited to go to Subic.

When we woke up, Mara said she expected we would regret going to Tagaytay once we wake up, but nobody really does. Obviously, we're too psyched on this YOLO concept. Just following your impulse. Just living in the moment.



Popular Posts