Of Living Away from my family

When everyone in my family doesn't answer texts and calls, my brain automatically thinks there's something wrong.

This morning I was trying to contact my mother but both her phones cannot be reached. I texted my brother instead and when he didn't reply, I called his phone, but it died instantly. I began to feel bad. Trying to call each number every now and then.

This is just one of the downsides of living miles away from my family. I have really no idea what is happening with them so when they don't reply, I begin to think of horrible things. I swear I have a really morbid imagination. I think of the worst. I am aware of it, but I don't how I'm ever gonna change that. I worry too much dahil namatayan na kami ng family member nun. And I received the news via phone, the reason why I had a phobia on phone calls for years. Until now I still have the phobia, I prefer getting texts from my family that phone calls

My mother desperately wants for me to just relocate to Cagayan. Soemtimes, I think the idea is really for the best, but I always manage to convince myself that my life in the metro is better. I am selfish.

Popular Posts