Tayo na sa Camp Tipolo!

Camp Tipolo Adventureland, an adventure camp in Antipolo, is where we held our team building for the summer (I’m hoping there’s still some more outing/team building sometimes this year). Initially, we wanted to hold the team building in the beach, but things happened. In the end though, everyone enjoyed. :)
We rented 2 FX vehicles to take us from Makati to Antipolo, plus Abel’s car. It took us less than 2 hours hour to reach Camp Tipolo. When we arrived at Loreland Farm Resort, where the camp is situated, our facilitators let us eat snacks first because the camp is somewhat far and it would be a task to go back to the resort just for the snacks. It’s a good thing because many of us didn’t have breakfast. You definitely need energy to reach the camp. Nobody prepared for the steep, 300+ steps down the camp. Our knees were shaking when we made it down there. We rested for few minutes before the facilitators gave us the first task.


Not everyone made it to the team building so our manager decided to combine the teams to create just two opposing teams: the Magnificent Titans (teams Magnifico and Wrath of the Titans) and the Avenging Basterds (teams Avengers and Inglourious Basterds). Each team was asked to create and present a cheer, just a short one. The presentations were hardly given any thought but were great source of lols. Nice start before the adventure began.



The first challenge was Tarzan Jump. Almost everyone tried but only one succeeded. We all fell down the swamp. Even before swinging, I knew I would’t make it; estimated my length and the distance between the rope and the water, but I still hoped for the best. I tried it again and got the same result. I wanted to try it the third time, but we had to move on to the other challenges already.

Watching people fail at Tarzan Jump
Next challenge was Tight Rope. I was successful in this one, although my team in general failed. I blamed the loose rope on our side. Then we did Log Balance, where very few made it to the other side. I never even made it half-way before falling into the water. I know I suck at balancing (I’ve proven this many times) but it doesn’t hurt to try. Who knows, I might get a different result this time (be positive!).

"If you fall, just let go. You'll just get hurt if you cling on."
Mud Crawl was the challenge I did not want to do. I grew up in an agricultural community so games involving mud is no longer new to me. It just doesn’t excite me, and it’s messy. After cleaning up a bit from mud crawling, we walked to the other end of the camp where the other challenges were held. It was everything rope, and aside from the Spider Web, everything was easy. To cap the team building off, we all did the mud slide.


Our facilitators lessen the time for the challenges so we can have time to swim and just relax. Apparently, we no longer have to pay for the use of the pools and other amenities at Loreland. It comes with the package we availed.

So after the fun shower time (we make everything fun), we hiked back up to Loreland. After lunch, some went swimming while some opted to just rest and take a nap.

Popular Posts