Fête de la Musique 2013

The weather had been fair so I made it to this year’s Fete de la Musique! Actually, when the night fell and I was starting to feel sleepy, I kind of hoped it rains so I won’t have to go out anymore. But it didn’t rain, so I was forced to go out and met up with friends.

I wanted to check out the Electronica Stage at Buddha Bar, but when we got there, the place was calm as a lake. There were people inside but there seemed to be nothing music festival-ish that’s happening. So my friend and I left instantly. We continued walking along Kalayaan, then we heard loud music somewhere near Makati Avenue. We weren’t sure if it’s coming from the A. Venue which is the main stage, but we followed the sound anyway. It was indeed coming from the main stage. We were lucky to catch the French band Naive New Beaters. We immediately went in, bought beer, and enjoyed the festival.






Everything went downhill for me after that set though. Karen and I went for a bite at Domino’s while waiting for our other friends. Unfortunately, when they arrived, we’ve already ran out of energy. We spent most of the night just sitting there at the food market, with the ongoing festival in the background. Even before the last set was finished, we headed off to Top Grill, but it was full. We decided to just retire early, which I was very thankful for because my feet felt really tired. I'm getting old.

Popular Posts