Freshmen, Fresh-Faced



These are the first three bestfriends I made when I was a freshman in UP Baguio and was residing in the university's dormitory for ladies.

Well, Lian is my cousin and she was the only one I knew in Baguio so we had no choice but to stick together. We were placed in the same room, Room 202. Sen and Karen were the freshmen at room 208. Lian and I became friends with Sen because we all enlisted for PIC 17th batch (our non-acad block). She caught my attention because she had a unique name. (I used to think it was "Miliscent"). Sen was from Tuguegarao so that was an instant connection for us. I needed her as a friend back then because she was perky, sociable (not the annoying type) and really nice. I remember agreeing with Sen's nomination for Breha's Muse, but I think I voted for Mela (who would also turn out to be a friend of ours) because she sang while Sen didn't show off any talent, hehe. Mela won.

Karen or No (as we call her) was Lian's classmate in Komunikasyon 1 and I remember them talking about assignments and projects every now and then. Because we're all in the 2nd floor of the dorm, we usually spend hours at each other's rooms, chatting or sleeping. It came to a point when the dorm managers got used to us spending 'study hours' in Sen and Karen's room everytime they check attendance after curfew.


Popular Posts